PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety?

Schoop
24-07-17, 01:29
Hello.:)

First of all; I'm 19 years old and I do not suffer from any disease and take no medication.

About three months ago I started getting heart palpitations, breathlessness and chest pain - especially when I was about to sleep.

Now, I've still got those symptoms once in a while, but these last couple of weeks I've been dealing a lot more with a stiff neck, headaches, dizziness to the point of feeling like I'm going to faint, nausea, pain in my left underarm, ear pain and tightness of my face/tingling feelings in general around my body and random twitches.

Some times my head also feels tender to touch.

I've once made an emergency call because I suddenly felt dizzy, couldn't breathe right, felt like my chest was on fire and my face and hands went numb.

Now today and two days ago I had sudden dizzy attacks where I just had to lie down because I feared tipping over.

I've visited my doctor thrice, gotten blood tests, heart scans and worn a heart monitor for a couple of days.

None of it shows anything unusual.

Is it anxiety?

I constantly fear I'll faint in public, I hate being alone and I fear dying.

I really just want to get answers and get through this.:weep:

Clydesdale Epona
24-07-17, 01:53
This sounds a lot like Anxiety especially as its similar to what I originally went through before being diagnosed.
I too had multiple blood tests and heart monitor tests which all came up empty, it was only two years later that I suspected I had anxiety and 5 years after that I got myself diagnosed. have you reached out yet? seeked support or help? it might be a good idea to start with taking a trip up to your doctors and seeing if they can refer you :)

Much love x

Schoop
24-07-17, 02:59
Hey!
Thank you for answering. I'm sad it took so much time before you got an answer, but I hope you've got the help you need.
My doctor only said she thought it might be anxiety, but said she could not do more for me, so I honestly don't know who I should go to, it's all very confusing.
I don't know if I should reach Our to her again, I fear she may have coloured me crazy, especially since I saw her just this Wednesday :shrug:

AntsyVee
24-07-17, 04:17
Have you been under any stress or have you had any major life events (good or bad) recently?

braindead
24-07-17, 09:47
SOUNDS LIKE ANXIETY all those other things you think are wrong with you are all caused by your brain sending wrong signals all over your body , you not physically ill but it sure feels that way, STOP the anxiety and the other problems will fade away . HOW to stop it is up to your doctor a three week low benzo script may clear it if you have nothing thats worrying you:shades:

Schoop
26-07-17, 03:38
Have you been under any stress or have you had any major life events (good or bad) recently?

I wish I could say that something was happening in my life, but no, not really. I've actually been doing a whole lot of nothing for almost a year :shrug: