PDA

View Full Version : Iron Deficiency and whole body trembling

onedayIwill
24-07-17, 04:34
hi guys! so last week a neuro I was referred to told me to take ferrous sulfate as she suspected than I lack iron. I've been taking it for about a week now but to be honest I feel a lot worse. Also, I know it takes a few months to get well completely but I think that I'd at least feel better if I was taking meds?? Plus, I feel burning pains (scalp feets arms etc) and am trembling (my whole body not just hands), are these symptoms?

AntsyVee
24-07-17, 04:49
Are you drinking enough water? You can get constipation from taking that supplement, and subsequently, dehydration. Did you have a blood test done before she prescribed the supplement? If not, you should probably have one done to see if it's really a lack of iron or maybe another vitamin.

panic_down_under
24-07-17, 13:21
hi guys! so last week a neuro I was referred to told me to take ferrous sulfate as she suspected than I lack iron.

Suspects? I see from another of your posts that your GP ordered a blood test which was fine apart from perhaps showing low vitamin D levels. Yet since then you've has various other doctors telling you to take a range of other vitamins and minerals all apparently based on guesses. Odd.

Plus, I feel burning pains (scalp feets arms etc) and am trembling (my whole body not just hands), are these symptoms?

Well they are symptoms of something, but of what is the question. If all the tests you've had have been negative then it could be anxiety. It can produce all the symptoms you've listed, and it is often diagnosed by ruling out all the potential alternatives, though given you were referred to a neurologist rather than psychiatrist suggests your GP isn't yet sure. You really need to discuss this with your GP again as s/he is in a far better position to decide what ails you, if anything.

Phuzella
24-07-17, 18:47
Seems strange a suspected lack of iron. Why not do a blood test?