PDA

View Full Version : Hair in throat feeling?

Strovbe
24-07-17, 14:39
Lately I've been extremely worried about this feeling of hair being stuck either on my tongue or the roof of my mouth and I can't seem to shake it. It seems to switch positions between these two and sometimes maybe I can't feel it at all. I'm worried that it's something serious because I used to be a smoker. I've also had problems with post nasal drip which has caused me to clear my throat a whole lot so I'm worried there's either a growth or I damaged it. Anyone experienced this?

Emmy3105
24-07-17, 16:20
Not to sound funny but are you sure that there isn't a hair stuck in your throat???

Only because I went a whole day once where I thought I could feel the same hing you described and low and behold my husband had enough and looked in my mouth and a hair was caught between my back teeth and it must have kept going down my throat then everything I coughed it must have moved.

Don't ask me how it stayed here all day but it really did.

neuroticcat
24-07-17, 23:02
It could be allergies. I had the same feeling last month but now, since there's no more pollen, I'm fine. I only get it when the AC at work is on. At home I washed the filters and I'm fine.

Strovbe
25-07-17, 04:22
It's possible that it could be allergies, but definitely not a hair in my throat. I've had it for like a month.

Toby2000
25-07-17, 17:04
Oh I hate this, I get it too sometimes. It goes away when I stop thinking about it:shrug:

bin tenn
25-07-17, 23:05
I also get it, and I've attributed it to the fact that I have GERD. It tends to happen when I've had a fair amount of post nasal drip with reflux episodes.