PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about something shown on X-ray at dentist & tooth pain

Littlemisssunshine10
24-07-17, 16:40
So I've been having tooth pain and the dentist done an X-ray... it showed something white at bottom of root of tooth he said he doesn't think it's an infection but he's refferrd me to oral surgery clinic to see a consultant .. im only 26 but I'm sooo worried I have some kind of cancer! My teeth do hurt that side and I'm nkt sure which one it is that hurts or why it does! I suffer from tmj to .. don't know what to do or think about it I'm in such a state. Xx

ShaunRyder
24-07-17, 16:51
It does not sound like anything related to oral cancer etc. I had something similar a few years ago which showed up on an x-ray, it was due to an injury which had affected the root, if your tooth is painful it could possibly be something like this. He has most likely sent you because it maybe something that needs a different type of treatment, I would certainly not worry about cancer though :) When is the appointment?

Littlemisssunshine10
24-07-17, 17:27
Thanks Shaun, yeh it's painful on and off .. I did bite down so hard w few days before so I thought it was that. No idea yet when the appointment is said I will receive it through the post... �� But I'm hoping it's soon. He said he just doesn't know what it is and will refer me and can't say 100% it's not cancer .. obviously .. xx