PDA

View Full Version : upper back pains, can you relate?

floridagirl1984
24-07-17, 19:21
i suffer from upper back pain all the time 24/7 and not sure on how to cope with it much longer. I have a mild curve in my spine at the T4 and L5, i have been dealing with chest pains, chest discomfort, tightness in the upper torso and muscle twitches and other symptoms. I guess my question is there anyone out there can relate and give me tips on how i can manage this pain without having to take meds during the day. I work at a Doctor Office and i am on the computer all day, i have bought a new seat cushion hoping that helps but we will see : ) thanks everyone!

Melonpony
25-07-17, 06:02
I always have adjustments on T2-T4. My chiro said it's from hunching...so, sitting at a computer, using smartphone, driving, reading books, picking up kids.

What helps me is maintaining a good posture. I have trouble with this, but the times I can be diligent, it has helped. There are braces you can buy on Amazon that he hold your shoulders back in a good position. I've considered that...

I also noticed my upper back feeling very painful the other night while I was watching tv. I consciously told myself that I was holding tension in my back, and to release it. Relax, I told myself. Let go of the back muscles. I did nothing else. My pain went away in literally 3 or 4 SECONDS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

floridagirl1984
28-07-17, 19:31
I always have adjustments on T2-T4. My chiro said it's from hunching...so, sitting at a computer, using smartphone, driving, reading books, picking up kids.

What helps me is maintaining a good posture. I have trouble with this, but the times I can be diligent, it has helped. There are braces you can buy on Amazon that he hold your shoulders back in a good position. I've considered that...

I also noticed my upper back feeling very painful the other night while I was watching tv. I consciously told myself that I was holding tension in my back, and to release it. Relax, I told myself. Let go of the back muscles. I did nothing else. My pain went away in literally 3 or 4 SECONDS.

i try to watch my posture sometimes it helps and other times it doesn't, but i do tend to tense my shoulders, upper back, and chest muscles without realizing it, maybe its just years of doing that catching up?

Melonpony
28-07-17, 20:49
i try to watch my posture sometimes it helps and other times it doesn't, but i do tend to tense my shoulders, upper back, and chest muscles without realizing it, maybe its just years of doing that catching up?Yes, definitely could be years of stressing those muscles finally saying "we have had ENOUGH!"

sdoxo
31-07-17, 05:44
I have back issues too, and my chiro thinks it has to due with bad posture, since my spinal x-ray looked fine. I had a slight curve but nothing major. I ended up buying this thing called a "roll-ga" from their office and its amazing! Its basically this foam cylinder that goes under your back and you align it with your spine, then you just roll it up and down your spine.

I paid $30 for mine and it has already paid for itself. Maybe that's something that you could look into?

floridagirl1984
31-07-17, 22:15
I will have to look into that.:)

Fishmanpa
31-07-17, 23:20
I deal with this constantly as well. Due to surgeries and nerve damage from cancer treatment, the left side of my neck and upper back is always in pain. I would say on average it's a 3 - 4 and with meds I get it down to a 2, sometimes 1 but its always there.

Things that help. Pain meds, heating pads, menthol rubs, lidocane pain patches and tolerance. I have back support pads and they help too, especially when you sit all day (I'm in front of a computer all day too).

The key is to try and stay ahead of the pain. Don't let the pain get to the point that you have no choice but to take meds. If you feel it really coming on, take some ibuprofen to keep it at bay.

Positive thoughts