PDA

View Full Version : Cannot stop the worry about my heart

Joe171091
24-07-17, 19:55
Hi all. Recently joined this as I don't know what else to do. Was given all clear over heart in January by cardiologist but my chest pains are still is bad I wanted another ECG but after listening to heart and heart rate and checking my blood pressure the doctor said on the NHS they cannot give me an ECG. This is stopping my life. Every time I eat my whole chest goes tight and feels like something bad is going to happen. I've managed to stay at work but everyday is absolute 8 hours of hell and I can barely work as I'm too focused on my heart. This has been a year now and I'm just so low and defeated I don't know what to do. I cannot exercise as I'm so certain my Heart will give up. I know that exercise will help anxiety but I can't make myself do it. I just run basically 50 yards and I had a pain under left armpit which made me even more anxious and yeah just that's my life basically. I hope that this may all be a result of acid and digestion problems. Anyone have any tips for that?? Over the counter medication take it daily or after eating? Would be massively appreciated. Also any advice on combating heart "anxiety" as it's not something I'm managing. All day long i have pains and flutters and spasms in body. I just don't know what to do :(

anx mum
24-07-17, 21:11
Hi joe I'm exacactly the same as you at mo I'm getting horrid pains in my chest had them for about 2 weeks now constantly. I'm convinced I have a problem with my heart and like u this has took over my life. Ive recently had an ecg which was ok but feel so bloody ill I'm scared to sleep and this has
taken over my life:weep:. Its really good the cardio has given u all clear I'm waiting to hear from cardio. Its wrong drs wont give u ecg . I'm hear if u wanna chat

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

also dr has said with me it could be acid reflex u could try and get something on perscripson I have today just to try called ranedine this helped in the past

TattooArtist
24-07-17, 21:47
Welcome. I have found the sticky threads helpful at times. There is good advice to begin a path toward feeling well again. It is possible but requires steps in a different direction to get better.