PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a VNG test for dizziness/balance?

Eventhesparrows
25-07-17, 04:22
I have a VNG scheduled for Wednesday and I'm pretty nervous about it. Anybody have any input?

ARIES34
25-07-17, 18:16
NOTHING to be nervous about AT ALL. I've had it done. In my case they never found a root cause as to why I was chronically dizzy. Let us know what the results of your VNG are.

Eventhesparrows
25-07-17, 19:48
I'm worried they're going to say "yeah, you need to have that brain MRI" :weep:

ARIES34
25-07-17, 23:49
I'm worried they're going to say "yeah, you need to have that brain MRI" :weep:

That's possible as a precautionary measure... but the brain MRI 99.5% of the time is clear. Nothing to worry about. I've had 2 MRIs.

Eventhesparrows
26-07-17, 00:35
They ordered one for me a month ago just to "reassure me", and the doctor looked straight at me and said "It's highly unlikely they'll find anything."

I refused to call and make the appointment because I want to get out of the "reassurance trap."

So. Yeah. That's where we're at. I had a clear brain MRI 3 years ago.

Eventhesparrows
26-07-17, 13:25
Here I go, for my 2 hour long appointment. Praying I'm not too dizzy afterwards.

helenclaire
26-07-17, 14:58
Good luck
Hope you get some answers.
I hate feeling dizzy, i am really struggling with it at the moment.

Eventhesparrows
26-07-17, 18:48
Had the TWO HOUR long test. I didn't really get dizzy until they put the cold air into my left ear, and OH MAN! The room was SPINNING. That was rough, other than that, it was fairly simple. Tomorrow afternoon I go back for the results. Praying for an inner ear issue and not the dreaded "C" word I fear the most!

Eventhesparrows
27-07-17, 19:51
UGH! The doctor's office just called and said that the report wasn't ready, so they rescheduled me for Tuesday afternoon :mad: Here's to waiting!!!!!!!:scared15:

Eventhesparrows
01-08-17, 16:55
Well, today's the day! Appointment at 415pm MST. I'm trusting in God that everything will be ok, He will give my ENT the wisdom to make a correct diagnosis, and I won't need the MRI. Will you pray with me? I'll update on here after my appointment.

Eventhesparrows
02-08-17, 05:00
The doctor didn't really know what to think. He said the VNG was normal, for the most part - 2 parts of the testing didn't work, so he doesn't have data on that. He said if my symptoms get worse he'll want me to do an MRI, but for now, he agrees that we don't have to do it.