PDA

View Full Version : Teary and feeling lost - EMDR for PTSD?

charstarart
25-07-17, 10:04
Hello there,

My name is Charlotte and I have anxiety/negative unwanted thoughts which stem from PSTD, brought on by having a very traumatic and violent childhood, which then subsequently translated into my past romantic relationships.

Over the years I've had two ten week courses of CBT and tomorrow I start a new therapy called EMDR, has anyone had it or heard of it?

I've never taken medication for my anxiety, though I've been prescribed it many times......in an ironic twist, I'm simply too anxious to take it. I've had various supplements....magnesium, flax seed, iodine, vitamin C, vitamin D, inulin, niacin........has anyone tried a combination of any of these or others? And if so, can you tell me do any of them really work? Or at least alleviate symptoms? I doubt I've taken any of them as long as I should in order to notice any real change. I'm sure most have us have read or heard of The Vitamin Cure for Depression.

I did some research recently and read that anxiety is directly linked to inflammation in the body which a supplement called N.A.G and turmeric can help with. Does anyone have any information/experience with this?

I'm feeling very isolated and teary today.....two of the people I feel most comfortable with that I rely on for company and support are away on holiday.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all.

Char

x

venusbluejeans
25-07-17, 10:10
Hiya charstarart and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

charstarart
25-07-17, 10:12
Thank you Venus,

I will do :)

Thanks for saying hello

xx