PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain? Constantly aware of any change in body sensations!

Leanne27
25-07-17, 15:12
Hey guys.

I don't understand how I can be so aware of any sensation in my body. Any twitch flicker ache pain ect and I pin point to something bad.

I wake up in the night almost "looking for something" strange in my body.

I am currently totally and utterly focused in my left arm it's driving me insane. I am constantly testing for any strength loss ect and I feel a tightness I my shoulder and top of left arm which scares me.

It's really taking over my.life again I notice any change in my body. Can anxiety really do this?? Am I mad?

Fishmanpa
25-07-17, 15:15
Check this out... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=201656)

Positive thoughts

hbug2416
25-07-17, 16:35
I'm feeling the same way now! Tightness in neck/upper back between shoulders, which seems to be affecting both arms. They feel heavy and weak. My legs feel the same way if I'm standing too long, or bend over. This has been coming and going all year for me, lasting several weeks at a time. Feels like something is pushing down on my shoulders.

Leanne27
25-07-17, 18:25
Aw I'm sorry your struggling too. My physical symptoms cause me so much anxiety it's unreal. I'm obsessed with my body changes! I'm constantly looking for something. My head is constantly on over driver. Any tingle ect I get I hugely panic! It's horrible I hate it.

I've suffered for years now and I have my phases where's it's ok and where it's bad! The heavy and achy and tight feeling is what I get in jusy my left arm. I do tense it alot.thpugh so I'm not sure!

I'm so low at the moment and fed up of this. I broke down earlier in front of my.kids and now I feel awful!

MyNameIsTerry
26-07-17, 05:11
I was the same. In my case I never doubted it was all about anxiety, hence why I don't see myself as a HAer. But any movement, how bodily functions felt, how food changed how my body felt, etc all caused worry about what it all meant. And a lot of it was normal bodily sensations. I would manually breathe & swallow, have thoughts about how I thought my body into moving, etc.

For me, it was about being in a more severe period of anxiety. As I brought my anxiety levels down, this reduced a lot. But obviously I don't have the obsessions about them being something else that is a big problem for those with HA.