PDA

View Full Version : HA worrying about kids

flappergirl
26-07-17, 00:18
Hi,

I have HA which flares up from time to time. It seems to be flaring a lot at the moment. I am worrying about everything.

1. I had health issues linked probably to stress and have been ok for a few months. I had a bug at the weekend and now I feel i have the stomach symptoms again. I worry it's something bad. Doesn't help when I keep seeing on Facebook news stories about people my age getting cancer and the docs said it was nothing. I have had bloods recently and an ultrasound in April so I guess I'm ok, but still....
2. My daughter had 2 spots on her chest yesterday. I spent the whole day checking her as I worried she was getting sepsis.
3. DD (5) booted DS in chest earlier with a welly and I worry that she had hurt his heart in some way. Checking on him now too and wondering if I should call 111 for medical advice.
4. I worry all the time about the kids. I stress about something happening to them when I am not with them. It puts me off arranging play dates away (people come to us), I hate them going out without me...even with family I freak out that something awful will happen. They are due to go to a summer club tomorrow and I am totally freaking out about not being with them. They are 7 and 5.

What can I do to stop worrying? Should I call
111 about my son to reassure myself? He is soundly sleeping at the moment.

Argh! Help!

AntsyVee
26-07-17, 02:20
What are you doing to treat your anxiety? I ask this because they are at the prime age to start developing anxiety about themselves because they see their mom anxious over their health. You really don't want to curse your kids with this. Your kids meanwhile, are just being kids. There doesn't seem anything wrong with them. All the issues seem to be with your thinking.

sdoxo
26-07-17, 02:32
I knoew where you're coming from. It's our job as parents to worry about our kids, and I do so daily. But only with good reason. I think as far as your son goes, I'm sure he's fine. He isnt having any pain or any trouble breathing, I would just keep an eye on him.

I would definitely get help with the anxiety. Like Vee said, you don't want to pass these feelings onto your kids. You know first hand what kind of hell HA puts you through, your kids dont deserve to know the same.

Best wishes!

Fishmanpa
26-07-17, 14:56
Agreed with the previous posters. As a parent, I understand BUT... kids are WAY more perceptive than we give them credit for and are influenced strongly by what they experience. They're quite aware of your behavior and anxiety even if they don't comprehend the reasons behind it.

Positive thoughts

flappergirl
26-07-17, 22:01
Thanks all.

I try to keep most of my worrying internal (not good for my own health) and try to keep a smile on my face for them. We spend lots of time doing fun things and when I am worried about their health or my own I don't go on about it cos I don't want to worry or frighten them. I.e. My son: let's see if you need another cold flannnel for that mark. My daughter was convinced she had chickenpops (!) and was very excited about it. I said to her it was a spot but was looking a little when she had top off in The garden.

My son is very happy go lucky and I don't want to ruin that! My daughter does think a lot about everything and asks lots of questions. She worries about things and shrugs it off. When I was a kid I worried about death so much that I was ill and had to go to the doctor. I worry she is a bit like me but She will then go and eat dirt or something nuts. (I will say like most people don't eat the dirt, wash it off - but then freak out to myself)

I had citalopram but stopped it as I was so tired after 3 months I could barely function. I am on waiting list for counselling and I should be seen soon (been waiting since Feb).

Just coming on here and hearing people's advice and experiences helps me while I am waiting for the counselling.

Xx