PDA

View Full Version : A few different anxious thoughts

Adamc
26-07-17, 01:24
Hi guys!

Just wanted to post my experience with anxiety somewhere and get some things off my chest, hopefully someone can relate to this!

So i have suffered anxiety since i was around 16(Im now 22), it started when i suffered my first panic attack after smoking weed and that hit me extremely hard
I stopped smoking weed and wouldnt leave the house. I battled with that for a long time but i pushed myself to defeat it and i actaully did! I got myself out of the house and got a job as a chef, i felt on a few occasions that i had actaully beat my anxiety but my anxious thoughts would creep back now and again, usually when i was feeling low. But i have had times when ive felt almost completely anxiety free! So it as if it come in waves.

Now recently i have had a son he is 8 months old now and i have left my job because i found being a chef too stressful on top of looking after my boy as it was 60 hour a week. My anxiety has crept back again and can feel those old feelings mounting up again, ive been having some constant worries about existence and the universe, finding it hard to fathom it! I try and tell myself that they are just thoughts but i find it hard to get them out of my head! Ive also been feeling unhappy and finding it hard to enjoy myself.

Im glad i shared and thank you if u took the time to read my baggage Im just glad i could unload it somewhere!

Regards.

AntsyVee
26-07-17, 02:15
This sounds like a case of anxiety being caused due to idleness. There are some people who only have anxiety when they are not busy. If they go on vacation or have a weekend off, their anxiety goes nuts. I wonder if the same has happened to you now that you aren't working 60 hour weeks. With those kind of hours, there really is no time to be anxious.

Adamc
28-07-17, 00:56
Thanks for reply, Im sure thats a major factor and its like my body is telling me to get out there and so something, almost like a defense mechanism! Thank you