PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I'm riddled with cancer

lelespears
26-07-17, 11:20
I've been having reflux issues recently and went back on my omeprazole and lately my left side bowel feels sore and achy. I've been having the runs and the left side of my bowel feels weird almost like it's burnt 😫 Getting some hip pain too. Feel like something is wrong and I'm probably riddled with cancer

katyfitz
27-07-17, 00:41
Pls don't honk this way. It's easier said than done but it's our health anxiety playing tricks. If you ever need to talk message me

lelespears
27-07-17, 09:34
Can't help it. Feels like burning trapped wind but for days?! Totally think my whole bowel on left side is riddled with cancer

axolotl
27-07-17, 10:35
Health anxiety is a weird thing (and please don't get me wrong - I'm venting at the anxiety we all have here, not you personally). On one hand it comes from a place of insecurity and lack of self-image and confidence, but in saying "I'm confidently diagnosing myself with probable cancer" or similar we also demonstrate a rather grand arrogance at our own powers of diagnosis. It's a kind of paradox of lack of self-worth but also self-aggrandising at the same time.

We are simply not qualified to make the improbable leaps of medical diagnosis we think we can.

Aches and the runs for a few days in no way suggest "probable" cancer. In reality there are hundreds of benign things to work through before even entertaining that thought. More likely than not it'll just pass after a few days - just one of those blips and burbles all humans get. As with everything see a doctor if you're worried and symptoms persist, but I'd bet anything no doctors' minds would be heading straight to cancer with a few digestive problems.

Capercrohnj
27-07-17, 17:04
You don't have a single red flag cancer symptom

lelespears
27-07-17, 21:01
Thanks, just worrying as it's sore and I've no clue why