PDA

View Full Version : Job problem

Anxiouscow
26-07-17, 19:12
Yesterday I went for a trial shift at a restaurant as a waiter, where I felt it was quite successful despite feeling almost suffocatingly anxious.

The manager told me he would be calling me in the morning, which he didn't. However, I called him and asked about the progress of my application, and he said that he would like to offer me the position but couldn't talk as he was in a meeting.

That was about five hours ago, and since then ive had about four panic attacks. I'm thinking about a lot of things such as "what if he actually doesn't want to hire me?"

I really don't know what to do. I'm attempting to control my anxiety but I really want to find out what's going on, but I don't want to bother him.

What can I do?

MyNameIsTerry
27-07-17, 01:55
He's probably just busy. He has twice given you a positive sign so there is nothing to indicate otherwise.

Whilst anxiety has a habit of wanting to do stuff NOW NOW NOW!!! the other person has their own pressures on them and won't be thinking about this as you are.

Allow him the time to get back to you. He must be aware you really want the job because you chased him but if you do it excessively it may send the wrong signals.

Well done on getting your job and powering through the anxiety!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

Anxiouscow
29-07-17, 12:23
UPDATE: I got the job!

MyNameIsTerry
29-07-17, 12:27
Great news! :yesyes::yahoo:

More evidence against the doubts in your anxiety too!