PDA

View Full Version : Well its confirmed!!

k9love
26-07-17, 21:41
I Had a "funny" turn a couple of weeks back whilst driving, head went funny and lost control of my left arm.

Did the usual doc appointment and was told it was nerve damage in my neck.
Got a phone call today to go see TIA clinic at hospital for check up, turns out Ive had a stroke, not a TIA mini but full blown stroke!
To say I'm scared is an understatement! have to go back tomorrow for heart checks.knew there was something wrong!

Gary A
26-07-17, 21:44
I Had a "funny" turn a couple of weeks back whilst driving, head went funny and lost control of my left arm.

Did the usual doc appointment and was told it was nerve damage in my neck.
Got a phone call today to go see TIA clinic at hospital for check up, turns out Ive had a stroke, not a TIA mini but full blown stroke!
To say I'm scared is an understatement! have to go back tomorrow for heart checks.knew there was something wrong!

I'm sorry to hear that.

Can I just ask, what tests were carried out in order for the doctors to confirm a stroke?

k9love
26-07-17, 21:49
I'm sorry to hear that.

Can I just ask, what tests were carried out in order for the doctors to confirm a stroke?

I had a CT scan and numerous tests, ie walking balance etc, which all were good but obviously it showed up on the CT .:ohmy:

Gary A
26-07-17, 21:52
I had a CT scan and numerous tests, ie walking balance etc, which all were good but obviously it showed up on the CT .:ohmy:

Forgive my questioning but I have an interest in neurological conditions due to my mother having epilepsy.

Did they happen to mention which part of the brain the stroke had occurred in?

sdoxo
26-07-17, 22:38
Sorry to hear that! Best wishes and good luck with your follow up appointments!

BikerMatt
26-07-17, 22:47
All the best with everything!