PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Pdenney11
26-07-17, 23:35
Hello everyone,

My story; 30 year old male in the center of the United States. I have suffered from minor anxiety since I was a little kid. Nothing I couldn't handle and happened rarely. At that point in time I'm not sure I actually knew what it was. Teenage years I started to develop somewhat of a social anxiety. Very nervous around large groups and strangers. College years I found I had an extreme fear of public speaking. Early 20's were fairly smooth. I managed to have some good fun and stay fit. Mid-late 30's my diet has been very poor, I've gained weight, I've smoked, body feels older than it is. Anytime I feel something happening in my body that's not normal I panic and assume the worst.

I've recently quit smoking (3days, cold turkey). Attempting to change my diet to include healthier foods and lose 15-20lbs. Since quitting smoking my anxiety is sky high and I just want to get back to my normal life.

venusbluejeans
26-07-17, 23:42
Hiya Pdenney11 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Vanilla Sky
27-07-17, 17:45
Hi and welcome to NMP :)