PDA

View Full Version : On edge all day

Pdenney11
26-07-17, 23:48
Quit smoking 3 days ago cold turkey after 12 years of smoking a pack a day. I'm 30 year old male who has always suffered from minor anxiety but it has been getting worse over the last 10 years and I need to acknowledge it and change it so I can get back on with my life. Over the last 10 years I worry about my health. Anytime my body doesn't feel 'right' I assume it's worst case scenario (cancer, heart attack, diesease). I've developed fears of traveling based off of small stomach aches I've had while on a plane or in a car. I am afraid to meet new people or be in large groups which is very difficult since my wife and I are self employed business professionals. It's hurting my business. The smallest problems at work recently just set me off. I can't focus or get anything accomplished. I have no energy and just want to stay at home everyday.

I know most of this is nicotine withdrawal that will soon pass but I want my life back. I want to have fun. Enjoy new experiences.

Montyzoo
27-07-17, 14:09
Cold turkey is how I quit smoking 4 years ago. A horrible experience. The worst of it is over after a week for most people. It's a massive step forward. Hang in there! Quitting smoking enabled me to start running which has become a massively important part of my life. I run anything between 3 and 10 miles, maybe 3 times a week. I give you this example because it has really helped with my health anxiety. Quit smoking = running/sport/gym = find new friends = diet improves so you can perform better = you feel stronger, fitter, healthier. Taking up sport or other physical activity could be the fun and new experience you need. I recommend the Couch to 5k app if you think running might be your thing. Whatever path you choose, I wish you the best of luck.