PDA

View Full Version : Pregablin dose

CJN
27-07-17, 10:50
I've just been prescribed pregablin, I really had to put my case forward to get the prescription and was told no three times before it was approved.
I've been prescribed 50mg, three times a day, I had expected the dose to be higher and I'm disappointed.

Why does are people on please? Is there any hope 150mg will help.

Does anyone take pregablin and propranolol together?

Thanks

Cherryade
27-07-17, 13:34
I am on 150mgs a day since Oct/Nov and I find it has made a big difference to me. So yes, lower doses can help. We are all different so each person will react differently and need a different dose. It did take a couple of months before it really kicked in but in the past 6 months I have felt better than I've felt in the last 6 years.
Just started taking propanolol - doctor thinks there may be a correlation between me stopping my beta blocker last year (was taking it for HBP) and me getting more frequent headaches since last year. Double whammy there as my BP is on the high side at the mo so should help both problems.

BenSW
27-07-17, 22:00
It wasn't until I got to 300 that I started to feel some benefit but everyone is different. The research that I read (Really should stop consulting Dr Google!) found a therapeutic effect at 200 and above.

It has really helped me, it just seems to stop anxiety getting out of control. You get a bit anxious, but stay just a bit anxious. Hope it works for you as well.

SmilingAlbert
28-07-17, 00:55
Hi CJN,

150mg is I think generally agreed starting point in UK. I found it helped at that level, although since have gone to 225mg.

What is your ailment - anxiety? Have you started taking them? if so, is it helping? there is no way of truly knowing if this will help until you get started and see how things go.

The good news is that it can be quite fast acting, even at a fairly low dose. Everyone is different, and just because some say you need 300-600 doesn't mean you do too. You've done well getting it; total nightmare to get it in Scotland (as you know) as I don't think it's indicated for anxiety there, unlike in rest of UK. Get started, see how you go, take 1 day at a time.

Best wishes,

Albert

CJN
29-07-17, 14:46
Thanks for all the helpful replies, I've had confirmation now that it's a starting dose and will be increased in 2 weeks time. I feel reassured now to give it a go.

Yes prescribed for general anxiety. My prescription list seems to be getting longer and I'm feeling cautious. There are some really positive outcome stories out there so I'm hopeful. I will start the pregablin next week and will let you know how I get on.

Montyzoo
04-08-17, 15:26
I've just increased to 450mg per day after a week on 300mg per day. 300 did nothing. No benefit, no side effects. 450 though feels just slightly spacey! Quite like it actually lol. I feel quite lively too! Can't say I feel anxious at all but I have natural ups and downs so the jury is still out on that!

CJN
28-09-17, 11:21
I'm now on 300mg, I think this med has helped but the side effects are getting a bit much. Is there hope it will settle?

KK77
28-09-17, 12:22
I'm now on 300mg, I think this med has helped but the side effects are getting a bit much. Is there hope it will settle?

What side effects are you getting?

CJN
02-10-17, 12:55
Hi all just update. I'm feeling much better now and the side effects have dropped. I was feeling extremely tired and zombie like, then I went bit hyper. Things have evened out now. Glad I stuck with it.

It terms of my anxiety, my dose of meds has really really helped and I've achieved things I didn't think would be possible.

Just wanted to update incase anyone is starting out on pregablin and finding it hard.