PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

SolidSteak
27-07-17, 14:19
Hello! Glad I finally signed up.

Long term silent reader, first time poster. Glad to see so many other supportive people together willing to share their advice and experiences.

I've been suffering with health anxiety for the last three months or so (mostly focused around my heart) as well as vision trouble and fatigue. Had just about every test from my GP and during A&E visits as well as a consultation with Dr Sanjay Gupta from York Cardiology. I know a lot of you know about his Youtube videos and I really can't stress how fantastic he was, all to tell me there is nothing wrong with my heart!

I'm learning to cope a bit better these days and hope to help others and receive advice from all of you out there!

Take it easy!

SolidSteak

venusbluejeans
27-07-17, 14:25
Hiya SolidSteak and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Ash J
27-07-17, 14:26
Hey Solid!

Welcome to the forum. You sound very similar to myself, I too have HA and had a consultation with Dr Sanjay Gupta for him to tell me everything sounded ok..still struggling to except this though a few months on..but trying to work on this :)

SolidSteak
27-07-17, 15:03
Thanks for the quick response guys!

I'm glad I'm here and thanks again for your support. It's crazy how much you think you're all alone with your anxieties and symptoms but in reality there are so many people out there going through the exact same things!

hanshan
27-07-17, 15:04
Hi Guys - Your heart can be fine but still do weird things under the control of your brain (or sometimes for no discernible reason).

To cardiologists, all that is a 'normal' heart - there's nothing they can see or do to stop it, but neither is there any physical harm.

Vanilla Sky
27-07-17, 17:44
Hi and welcome to NMP :)