PDA

View Full Version : Can't sit still... is it just me?

Insomniac
15-05-07, 19:59
Whenever I sit still anywhere I am constantly tapping my feet. Fast.

I find it really hard to keep them still. Mostly its a voluntary act. Though I do also get twitchy legs.

I feel frantic on the inside. Its really hard to describe. Not anxious or panicky. Just like I am a pressure cooker and I'm holding everything in all the time. Like I could turn around and run off up the road at any minute and just keep running, or scream or pull my hair out! Just totally frantic.

Any suggestions on help? Does anyone else ever feel like this? Please tell me I'm not alone...

blackie
15-05-07, 21:06
Hiya
I get like that at times. I find putting on some good music and dance like crazy. Its great fun and uses up all that pent up energy.
I constently get restless legs which is really innoying.I am never going to be able to share a bed with anyone without driving them up the wall.lol
Take care
Blackie

up a ladder
15-05-07, 22:09
I get this mainly in the mornings.
I feel like I need to run a marathon.
Maybe I should try.

I was advised to get up and fo something if that was happening.

groovygranny
15-05-07, 22:34
If I wake in the night, or really early in the morning, I just have to get up. I stop myself pacing up and down because if I didn't then I wouldn't be able to stop. That was one of the things I did during my 'black time'. But I can't just lay there or the racing thoughts start.

My 'restless leg syndrome' is mostly to blame for this - and if anybody can find a cure for that then I'll love them forever!!

If I find my leg or foot is 'doing it's own thang!' I imagine it's attached to a long chord. If I cut the chord then it'll stop twitching. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I think it's maybe unrealistic to expect ourselves to be totally still and inactive for a lenghty time. Set goals for say 2-3 minutes at a time maybe.

This is probably no help whatsoever, but no, you're not the only one!!

:flowers:

looking4answers
16-05-07, 04:20
Yes, its funny you should mention this.I have bounced my feet back and forth all my life .Its actually fun..

I have tapped pencils on desktops until i have about driven people mad.I have also played drums with my hands on top of a table to relieve the tension and if you have to ..Yes run run run as fast and as hard as you can .I gurarentee that after a few times of that you want be that energetic to relieve tension anymore.

You wrote those things like its something bad..I actually always thought it was quite normal now im getting a complex lol.. take care..really dont worry be happy and relax you are fine..

Insomniac
16-05-07, 21:57
Hey there blackie, up a ladder, groovygranny and looking4answers!

Thanks for your replies. They really do cheer me up. Mostly I suppose I just ignore it, but now and again it starts to drive me nuts. Don't know how other people put up with it/me!!

My Dad has always tapped his fingers or pen or whatever and so have I. But I feel I'm taking it to extremes now. As soon as I sit still somewhere I have to start tapping my feet. Then I realise I'm doing it and stop so people don't ask why I'm doing it. Its not like there's really really fast music playing or anything.. lol

Thanks again. xxxx:hugs: