PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Need reassurence

Rhiannon.
27-07-17, 15:08
Hi all,

So I'm pretty frazzled with my anxiety atm and something just set me off

So my tongue was swelling (long story) and I went to see my elderly neighbours because I was scared and alone.

While there they showed me a weird letter they got on the post this morning.

It was about 20 pages of various "research" and an intro letter from some guy blathering on about chemicals, dieases, cover ups and the govenmdnt (one part was saying we were being blinded by technological advancement and not seeing what was really happening). It was all over the place...

Things like that really freak me out. I hate chain mail or anything like that and this really upset me.

Freaking out that the letter had anthrax or that he had put a disease in the letter or something.

That's not possible right? I'm just so anxious atm and this really sent me over the edge :'(

Cakelady
27-07-17, 15:30
Sometimes when we are really anxious anyway it doesn't take much to make us feel worse. I can understand where you are coming from because it's sort of how I would think ( my anxiety can spiral easily) . But from a distance I really don't think there's anything to worry about. It's just an odd letter. There would be no reason for someone to send something toxic in the post to an elderly couple. It's just a letter that needs to go in the bin & forgotten about. I'm sure you are ok xx

Rhiannon.
27-07-17, 16:30
This week I been a total nightmare.
Been getting random facial swelling and night before last I spent in a&e thanks to my lip getting BIG and not going down.

On steroids and they are playing happy hell with everything.

I'm just beyond fraught and I think that was the straw that broke :(

MyNameIsTerry
27-07-17, 16:32
Steroids can cause issues with mood as well as some anxiety so it could be that if it's started after the course?

What a weird letter. Is it asking them for any details? Maybe a scammer?

Rhiannon.
27-07-17, 16:52
Assuming the ridiclous anxiety is from the steroids. Actually in the docs surgery atm because my tongue swelling is not getting better. Usually it goes down with steroids but it's taking its sweet time today and of course scaring the crap out of me

I think he wanted other people to pass it on to warn others of the dangers of something. It was one page of an "opening letter" and then 20 or more pages of "research". I only read page one! It could have gone on to ask for money but no idea