PDA

View Full Version : sharp chest pain

scared1998
27-07-17, 16:50
Hi, for the past 2 days I have been getting a sharp pain in the upper right side of my chest when I breathe in/lean forward. Could this be muscular or something to worry about?

Mrs.Anxiety
27-07-17, 16:51
Do you have reflux/GERD issues? Could also be muscular.

scared1998
27-07-17, 17:05
Thanks for replying..I don't have reflux issues no, so hoping its muscular and not heart related

Mrs.Anxiety
27-07-17, 19:46
I'm willing to bet that may be the case. Especially if it's happening when you move in certain ways. Do some deep breathing (even though it may hurt and/or be uncomfortable) and do some stretches!

bin tenn
28-07-17, 02:03
Upper right is less likely cardiac in nature, as far as I know. May be wrong. But it happens with change in position, or when breathing in, which leads me to agree completely with Mrs. Anxiety.

juju_1
28-07-17, 02:10
I suffer from shoulder pain caused by my terrible posture and working as a cashier. I've noticed that if I've been slouching pretty bad my chest will hurt, especially worse when taking a deep breath. But if you think about it, even just breathing expands those muscles. Further, something like a heart attack tends to feel like someone is squeezing your heart and comes with other symptoms. If you'd been having a heart attack for days, you wouldn't be here asking about it.

katielovespizza
28-07-17, 03:09
Sounds like gas. Pretty much exactly what I experienced with it, at least.

anx mum
28-07-17, 17:50
Thanks for replying..I don't have reflux issues no, so hoping its muscular and not heart related

Hi hun I'm too having the same problem but mine has been going on about 2 weeks now it feels sharp and stabbing but mines been centre than left and today its right its really concerning me. Been to drs many times they are saying its not my heart but worried cos nothing is helping and I'm overweight have smoked in my life.