PDA

View Full Version : Pneumonia - really worried

portomar1970
27-07-17, 21:42
How long for pneumonia - worried
So to make a long story really short: My brother started feeling sick about 3 weeks ago. Basically feeling unwell with a productive cough that again started 3 weeks ago. FINALLY went to the doctor last Friday, he listened to his lungs and diagnosed him with pneumonia. Prescribed antibiotics, and mucinex. He finished the antiobiotics yesterday, but the cough is still really bad along with tons of mucus production and loss of smell and taste. The cough is what is worrying me the most - I know the doctor did tell him the the cough could take weeks to diminish but shouldn't it be getting better by now?? My mind is all over the place with worry - my main concern is that he stopped smoking about 15-20 years ago, so could this be lung cancer?? I read somewhere that lung cancer can cause pneumonia, so I am worried sick. The rationale side of me though is thinking that this truly does sound viral since he sounds congested and lost all taste and smell. Anyone out there with pneumonia experience or could shed some light?? Thanks