PDA

View Full Version : Tense aching legs

maianixon
28-07-17, 02:28
So I've waking up with really painful legs as in muscular pain, they feel tense and keep aching really badly through the day. I woke up now in the middle of the night with a really foot which hurts when I step on it as if I'd tense a muscle as well as really aching calf muscle which feels tense and if I squeeze the muscle it hurts. So at this point my brain is programmed to automatically think MS at every single bodily sensation but this doesn't sound like a MS symptom I think?? It feels like tense painful muscles not muscle weakness. I've got no clue where this is coming from I don't do much physical exercise and I literally wake up with it. So I was thinking do you think it's possible that I am tensing my legs/feet in my sleep? Has anyone ever had that? It's really annoying and painful and I don't know if its something I should worry abour or what could it mean so it's making me really anxious

maianixon
01-08-17, 08:20
I feel like it got a bit worse, my leg muscles feel super stiff and tight and my calves ache SO MUCH it hurts to stand. i also get random pains in my feet even if im just lying on the bed. i'm starting to be really scared as to what this could be :/// because its not a symptom of anything i would know (i think) i worry theres some horrible disease that i don't even know about. i found that ibuprofen sometimes helps with the pain (most of the time) however my legs still feel stiff regardless...
anyone?

Annaboodle
01-08-17, 09:05
Hi, how is your therapy going now? You posted a good post about it back in April I was reading just now.

The leg thing sounds like how I feel when I get restless legs, which is something I just get and not much you can do about it. Having a bath and doing stretches helps and occasionally I'll take painkillers if it's really bad. It makes you hyper-aware of your legs, which is worse if I'm anxious. Is it worse at night? Restless legs often is and stops folk sleeping. Mine is and stops me sleeping. It's like I don't know what to do with my legs!

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 ----------

... god you can tell I've not slept well. My post was just wibble.