PDA

View Full Version : Rapid heartbeat, shaking, can this be anxiety?

MagpieWitch
28-07-17, 11:16
Hello! I am really really shaken up right now

I've been suffering with very severe anxiety for 5 years now and these last few days my symptoms are peaking.

Last night I was jolted awake after 20 minutes of sleeping and couldn't fall back asleep. I had these dreams but I was awake in the same time like when I closed my eyes I'd start dreaming while awake. And then I got this terrible rapid heart beat and my legs were shaking like shivering but I wasn't cold. And whenever I tried falling asleep I'd get the same symptoms and also feel some smothering sensation but after a while the shaking went away and finally exhaustion beat me and I fell asleep for few hours.

Can this be anxiety? It was so scary I thought my heart will explode and that I am going crazy.

ocdbaking
28-07-17, 12:17
Yep, it's probably anxiety. Adrenaline can make your limbs go very shake, and it also makes your heart rate increase so it becomes very rapid. I went through a period last summer when I woke up in a middle of a panic attack, which was very frightening. Fortunately I managed to.overcome these, and am sleeping a lot better - though I still find going to bed/sleep quite stressful at times.

Anxiety is a powerful thing.

MagpieWitch
28-07-17, 20:48
Thank you for the reply!
I really don't know what to do with these symptoms, my therapist is away and I am currently not on meds.
I just hope all of this is just anxiety!