PDA

View Full Version : Sleep problem! Going insane! :(

AsianFidgetME
28-07-17, 11:57
I have really bad sleeping problems. It all started from the day that I experienced my first anxiety and depression. When I was in college I used to be a sleepy head. I sleep everywhere if I had a chance to take a nap. But now, I can't seem to sleep fast and to stay asleep. Imagine, lying in bed for 4 hours but no luck in falling asleep. If I am asleep, it's like I am having dreams or my mind is active. Seems that I haven't got sleep anymore. When I hear even just a little noise, I awake. I think if I can only correct my sleeping pattern, all my anxiety symptoms will be gone. I get angry easily. :( I used to be a person who jokes whenever I want to. In the day, I feel horrible. Headache, muscle twitch, irritated eye due to lack of sleep. Does anyone had it too? Should I visit a Dr. for this? At night, I make sure that at 9/10pm/I should be in bed. But I am just lying and I can't shut my mind off. Until 2am and 3am, I am still awake! :/ Its paralyzing me! I can't function anymore! *crying* T.T :weep:

poppadr3w
28-07-17, 13:26
There are natural sleep aids that you can try for the time being. Melatonin supplementation is a widely known and used one; start at a low dose like 1mg-3mg to test the waters. I personally take a 3mg and break it in half and that's enough for me to help me get to sleep. Valerian root is also a popular supplement people use as a sleep aid.

Otherwise I'd suggest seeing a sleep doctor. They may be able to prescribe a pharmaceutical sleep aid and help narrow down the causes for your lack of sleep. This is important because sleep is so vital to our overall well-being, from our mind to our physiological bodies. I know how you feel, because I deal with sleep issues as well.

Not too long ago I was prescribed a new SSRI called Trintellix. Unknown to me at the time, the medication caused insomnia, even when it was taken in the early morning. Due to this, I'd be awake all day and then just lay in bed hoping to get some sleep. However, no matter how much I tossed and turned in my bed, I just could not fall asleep. My mind was going a million miles per minute thinking about a wide array of subjects. A lot of these subjects weren't bad. In fact, it was the latter; the thoughts I had were constructive and positive, but I still wanted my sleep! A low dose of a benzo assisted me getting to sleep while my body adapted to the new medication. The side effect of insomnia wore off over a week or two.

If I were you I would schedule a doctor's appointment, but take the supplements in the mean time since sometimes it can be days or a week before you see a doctor or there's any resolution altogether. You can generally get these supplements at vitamin/health stores or off of Amazon.