PDA

View Full Version : Everytime I get anxiety parents get extremely upset with me

SeagullTerror
28-07-17, 17:04
I have been having some really bad health anxiety. My attacks start off with chest pressure that goes into the lower part of my neck, and of course, freaking out. My parents get so mad whenever these happen. My family has seemingly pushed me out ever since I got these problems :weep:, I feel that I should just kill myself since I have so many problems and my parents dont want me around anyways.

AntsyVee
28-07-17, 18:08
They probably are not mad at you. I'm sure they are very frustrated at the situation and don't know how to help you when you get like that. Imagine how upset you would be not knowing how to help your own child, whom who want to protect as a parent.

I hope you are seeing a therapist. I think you should talk to your therapist about having a session with your parents. They need to know what you're going through and they need to be shown ways to help you cope when you are having a panic attack. If they feel they have techniques they can use to help you calm down, they will not get so frustrated and upset.

Toby2000
28-07-17, 18:20
I used to have insane health anxiety that drove my parents up the wall, sometimes on the verge of tears.. they just don't understand what you're going through, and that's normal. I think you should make an appointment with your GP and ask your parents to go with you so he/she can explain to them exactly what health anxiety is, and then go from there. But suicide is not an option. Please call 1-800-273-8255 if ever you feel such urges. Just hang in there, your parents will understand in time. :)