PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected feeling

Brad10
28-07-17, 19:54
Ever since my panic attck 3 years ago I feel so disconnected like I'm not my self anymore and everyone else says I haven't changed at all, I don't act different or anything I just feel very weird and disconnected and for the longest time I felt like I was on auto pilot :(

crijbragg
28-07-17, 19:56
It's called dissociation. I have it too. It's very common with anxiety. I like to use mindfulness meditation to help

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Brad10
28-07-17, 20:08
It's called dissociation. I have it too. It's very common with anxiety. I like to use mindfulness meditation to help

Thanks for replying! I've always worried about everything like a lot growing up but I had a panic attack and the next day I was okay then I woke up with it the next day what was it from then?

crijbragg
28-07-17, 21:03
Thanks for replying! I've always worried about everything like a lot growing up but I had a panic attack and the next day I was okay then I woke up with it the next day what was it from then?Have you had any trauma? Abuse, death of a loved one, serious illness scare? Did something trigger the panic attack? My anxiety is from trauma of loosing 7 family members within 3 years. My panic attacks and anxiety started when my mom died two yrs ago.

Brad10
29-07-17, 00:01
Have you had any trauma? Abuse, death of a loved one, serious illness scare? Did something trigger the panic attack? My anxiety is from trauma of loosing 7 family members within 3 years. My panic attacks and anxiety started when my mom died two yrs ago.

Parents divorce and moved across the country all in 2 months I've always had anxiety just not this symtom would that do it ?

crijbragg
29-07-17, 00:10
Parents divorce and moved across the country all in 2 months I've always had anxiety just not this symtom would that do it ?Yes absolutely. When people have anxiety and something happens to them they disassociate. Its a way to protect yourself. I do it alot. I recently lost my nephew and a few other things happened and ive been in a dissociative state for the last 3 or 4 months.

Brad10
29-07-17, 00:30
Yes absolutely. When people have anxiety and something happens to them they disassociate. Its a way to protect yourself. I do it alot. I recently lost my nephew and a few other things happened and ive been in a dissociative state for the last 3 or 4 months.

I have it all the time it use to go away when I was worried about something. It when I'm not it's 24/7 :(((

crijbragg
29-07-17, 01:23
I have it all the time it use to go away when I was worried about something. It when I'm not it's 24/7 :(((Do you have a therapist?

Brad10
29-07-17, 01:40
Do you have a therapist?

Yah a psychiatrist!

crijbragg
29-07-17, 02:24
Yah a psychiatrist!Have u told him or her whats going on?

Brad10
29-07-17, 12:24
Have u told him or her whats going on?

Yes she said it's all anxiety

crijbragg
29-07-17, 12:26
Yes she said it's all anxietyIt def is. Has she offered you any help? I do emdr therapy and its pretty amazing

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Yes she said it's all anxietyAlso are you taking any medications for ur anxiety?

Brad10
29-07-17, 12:31
Have u told him or her whats going on?

Yes she said it'a all anxiety

crijbragg
29-07-17, 12:34
Not sure if my other message went through. What you are experiencing is anxiety, are you on any medications for it?

Brad10
29-07-17, 14:14
Not sure if my other message went through. What you are experiencing is anxiety, are you on any medications for it?

Nope I hate medication I would like to get rid of it naturally

crijbragg
29-07-17, 14:28
Nope I hate medication I would like to get rid of it naturallyHave you tried mindfulness meditation?

Brad10
29-07-17, 14:37
Have you tried mindfulness meditation?

I haven't actually I'll look into it! Do you think it will go away ??:(

crijbragg
29-07-17, 14:42
I haven't actually I'll look into it! Do you think it will go away ??:(Ya it will. I'm actually disassociating pretty bad this morning :-(

MyNameIsTerry
29-07-17, 15:10
Have you tried mindfulness meditation?

^ I would second that, Brad. Grounding exercises too.

Grouding is used in treatment of DP/DR and Mindfulness does this & more.

There's some free resources in the thread in my signature if you want to try some out. There are loads around though, books, vids, etc.

It helped me loads with my intrusive thoughts.

crijbragg
29-07-17, 15:33
^ I would second that, Brad. Grounding exercises too.

Grouding is used in treatment of DP/DR and Mindfulness does this & more.

There's some free resources in the thread in my signature if you want to try some out. There are loads around though, books, vids, etc.

It helped me loads with my intrusive thoughts.Yes grounding helps

Brad10
29-07-17, 16:50
Ya it will. I'm actually disassociating pretty bad this morning :-(

But mine feels like it's 24/7:(((

crijbragg
29-07-17, 16:54
But mine feels like it's 24/7:(((Mine is too. Worse during certain situations

Fishmanpa
29-07-17, 17:37
You said you have a psychiatrist you're seeing. Does she know you're posting on an anxiety forum seeking reassurance?

Positive thoughts

Brad10
29-07-17, 18:03
You said you have a psychiatrist you're seeing. Does she know you're posting on an anxiety forum seeking reassurance?

Positive thoughts

Yah she doesn't want me to but this feeling freaks me out to much