PDA

View Full Version : Lupus fear

bessy539
29-07-17, 08:34
Hi!

I am 33y woman, with a history with HA (in my eyes there is no just illnesses, everything is fatal :( ). I fear for my kids and my husband and myself ofcourse.

For now I am afraid to death of having lupus. My symptoms are:

occasional mild stabbing in my bones or joints (one day knee hurts, next three days it doesn´t), sometimes in my whole body....
Couple times a month I have night sweats
during pregnancy my feet (soles) hurt for a month every morning.
my eyes hurt
i have mildy red coloration (cant realy say rash) on my cheeks - hubby says its just tanning :(
couple of times a month my lower back hurts in the morning

And ton of other issues..... Everytime I read about lupus symptoms I get them the next morning. Yesterday in bed I read about raynauds and for sure this morning my fingertips prickled and seemed white-ish....

I have two young children, I am so worried :weep:

I have been crying my eyes out... cant see a doctor for a while.

Rhiannon.
29-07-17, 15:01
I'm currently being investigated for Lupus and other autoimmune problems. I already know I have hashimotos thyrodis, Urticaria, Urticaria Vasculitus, Angieodema and rheumatoid arthritis.

It's scary but there are medications out there to help you and the sooner you see someone about it the quicker you can get treatment.

All of the symptoms you described are things that happen to everyone.

With me the joint pain is agony, I can't walk or use my arms when I get a flare up, it isnt just "a little painful". The soles of my feet swell so that I can't walk on them and need someone to help carry me in agony. I'm on 800mg of ibuprofen every day.
I also sleep for about 16 hours a day though thanks to the steroids I'm currently on that has dropped a lot. Mouth ulcers a plenty too etc

So try not to worry and see your doc when you can :)

YoungHon
30-07-17, 12:31
Can you not get an ANA test? It's the only way to know and it will put your mind at rest

sdoxo
31-07-17, 05:51
Your symptoms honestly just sound like normal aches and pains. Nothing about them says lupus in my opinion. What I do know is that anxiety can make you feel all kind of things that arent there. That's why you only have lupus symptoms AFTER reading about them. I was obsessed with lymphoma a while back and after reading about one of the symptoms being itching, I literally itched from head to toe for DAYS. Ended up going on vacation and being so distracted that I forgot about the article I read, I haven't itched since.

As with anything, bring it up to your GP if it really concerns you that much.

If
31-07-17, 15:17
((((Bessy))) I read your post and thought about my experience. I only was told I had lupus when I ran out of the normal face moisturiser that I used, the next day my cheeks were burning red and I managed to get a docs appointment very quickly as the 'rash' burning didn't stop. The doc said straight away that I had the typical lupus malar rash, turns out my moisturiser had sunscreen in it - spf 30 and immediately my skin wasnt protected it burnt. They did a blood test that showed raised ANA.

The rash is rather spectacular and not something that could be called tanning but maybe that is just me. I was trying to comfort you here but not sure I did a good job, x