PDA

View Full Version : In limbo

Keep going
15-05-07, 21:40
Does anybody else feel like there in limbo, or is it just me? my plan is to conquerer my anxiety and dp. And hopefully get a "normal" life e.g. marraige kids etc etc. But at the moment i can't get past stage one. I just a constant cycle of anxiety, depression, panic, anxiety, depression so on and so on. Does it get better. i feel lifes leaving my behind and i ain't getting any younger.

stu

greenfairywishes
15-05-07, 21:52
hey stu

sorry to hear you're not coping too well. I felt the way you do about 2years ago and now i feel brand new. i still get bad periods of anxiety and panic attacks but when i look back to when i was at my worst i see how far i have come.

it will take alot of hard work, strength and courage and it certainly won't happen overnight but you WILL get there, and it will be so worth it!

are you recieving any treatment at the mo? talking treatments, exercise and healthy diet helped me so much. i also forced myself to go out every day and it really got easier over time.

time and patience is the key.

hope this finds you well

laura :hugs:

Insomniac
16-05-07, 22:11
Hey Stu.

1980? You're not that old either... :)

I know what you mean. Its hard to keep a sense of "real life" when the anxiety has a hold over you. I felt the same but I am learning to control it now. I was discouraged by thoughts that it would be with me forever. But now I have learned that even if I do feel the beginning of symptoms, I can mostly control it now. My circle of safety which had become so small is growing larger all the time. My circle of safety is now something which I can carry with me. (Along with Rescue Remedy etc.. lol)

I am on meds which were like the crutches to someone with a broken leg. I didn't want them at first, then realised that this illness is like any other. Sometimes we need help to recover. I also had some counselling sessions which helped strengthen my belief in myself and my ability to beat this.

It has not gone away. But it is not in control now. I am!

Hope this helps. :hugs:

Keep going
18-05-07, 01:04
Wish i believed what you nice people said, but i been like this for a long time. I think time will be up soon anyway for me.

stuart

up a ladder
18-05-07, 21:21
Stu.

The anxiety and depression can make things feel like you are not moving forward and indeed maving backwards. It is all part of it I am afraid. Depression seems to have the ability to make you forget the good times, but it is not the case.
I managed to get married and have two wonderful kids whilst living with the anxiety and depression. It can be done and you may have the odd relapse, but it is possible to live with it and get out the other side.

There is a wealth of good information here and should make the battle easier.

:yesyes: