PDA

View Full Version : Really weird one.

Anxiouscow
29-07-17, 12:40
Hello all,

Basically I have a very weird bowt of anxiety right now. I used to be very conscious about my health, but that has faded, and now I am worrying about lots of other things. The main one, is a weird one, and most will probably think I am foolish for even worrying about this.

I have a neighbour who is known as a bit of a bad person. He has gone to prison a couple of times and he allegedly isn't very nice to his wife. He has never spoken to me directly, but speaks to my neighbour from time to time who I also speak to sometimes. The other day I was leaving my house with my girlfriend and he was standing across the road from me, and he looked at me as I was passing by. Now, this is where it becomes weird. My brain has told me that he is going to approach me, to hurt me or my family, or he is going to rob me, or worse. Now, I have no reason to believe he would do this, it's my anxiety in my mind. I'm not involved in any crime, I have never spoken to him or had any reason to, but my mind is telling me "he's going to do something bad to you."

I don't want to be scared to leave my house. Any suggestions for how I can make myself feel better?

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

EDIT: just to make it clear, he's lived there for about five years and I've lived here for about ten, and the reason I have suddenly begun to worry about this is because he looked at me.

This is not a joke, I'm actually worried about this. Anxiety,huh? :(

crijbragg
29-07-17, 12:43
Hello all,

Basically I have a very weird bowt of anxiety right now. I used to be very conscious about my health, but that has faded, and now I am worrying about lots of other things. The main one, is a weird one, and most will probably think I am foolish for even worrying about this.

I have a neighbour who is known as a bit of a bad person. He has gone to prison a couple of times and he allegedly isn't very nice to his wife. He has never spoken to me directly, but speaks to my neighbour from time to time who I also speak to sometimes. The other day I was leaving my house with my girlfriend and he was standing across the road from me, and he looked at me as I was passing by. Now, this is where it becomes weird. My brain has told me that he is going to approach me, to hurt me or my family, or he is going to rob me, or worse. Now, I have no reason to believe he would do this, it's my anxiety in my mind. I'm not involved in any crime, I have never spoken to him or had any reason to, but my mind is telling me "he's going to do something bad to you."

I don't want to be scared to leave my house. Any suggestions for how I can make myself feel better?

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

EDIT: just to make it clear, he's lived there for about five years and I've lived here for about ten, and the reason I have suddenly begun to worry about this is because he looked at me.

This is not a joke, I'm actually worried about this. Anxiety,huh? :(My anxious mind makes me feel things like this too and its good that you recognize its your anxiety. Maybe next time you see him just say hi to him. I'm sure he will greet you back, this may put ur mind at rest. I'm sure ur anxious mind is connecting all the facts of him not being such a good person to him hurting or robbing you. Maybe if you conversate with him it will ease ur anxious beliefs

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

snowghost57
29-07-17, 12:59
Facing your fears is the cure for anxiety. Anxiety makes up silly crazy thoughts in our head, the ole "what if" Trust me I know. I get anxiety when I apply for a job in person. I rather do it online. I mean bad anxiety before interviews too. Dry heaves, gagging, shaking, yeah I was that bad. So this year I decided to face my fears and I forced myself to apply in person. It got better, I landed a crappy job in fast food, but I kept going to interviews, two weeks later I was hired (I aced the interview) and now I have the job of my dreams. My point is say hi to the guy. You don't know, he may want a friend? I'm sure he knows what his reputation is. Once you face your fear the anxiety will diminish. Let us know how things go...

Anxiouscow
29-07-17, 13:08
Yeah, i understand what you guys are saying but he isn't a very approachable guy. I don't think greeting him would be the best choice, although I might try it in due course.

crijbragg
29-07-17, 13:10
Yeah, i understand what you guys are saying but he isn't a very approachable guy. I don't think greeting him would be the best choice, although I might try it in due course.Or just throw him a wave

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Anxiouscow
30-07-17, 14:30
Well basically a few days have passed and I'm not dead lol. My neighbour chatted to me today and asked about my dad and girlfriend etc. I mean surely if there was something up he would also know about it, considering they are similar type of people (they hang about together a lot).

I think I might just concentrate on my anxiety and try not to worry about anyone else.