PDA

View Full Version : A question for people with breasts

JxSxNG
29-07-17, 14:44
That is probably the weirdest title I have posted or ever will post on this site. Anyway, does anyone else's underboob feel slightly warmer on one side? It's only a very slight difference but my left underboob is warmer than the right. Not the actual breast itself just the underboob. Lately I've been worried about inflammatory breast cancer and since one of the symptoms is warmness in the breast I've been a bit panicky lately.

anxious848
29-07-17, 17:10
Hi...I don't think I've ever noticed but i would think that's normal. Inflammatory breast cancer is very rare only accounting for less than 5% of breast cancer cases. I work in pharma consulting and most of the studies I've seen the patient complains of redness, hot (not warm) and an incredible itch that feels deep rather than on the surface. Peau d'orange is also a common symptom as well as swelling of that breast. It's also extremely uncommon to have it in both breasts.

Is inflammatory breast cancer in your family? Just wondering why your concerned about this one in particular. Even if you did have all of the above symptoms it's more likely to be mastitis than IBC.

Hope this helps.

crazygal
03-08-17, 07:51
That is probably the weirdest title I have posted or ever will post on this site. Anyway, does anyone else's underboob feel slightly warmer on one side? It's only a very slight difference but my left underboob is warmer than the right. Not the actual breast itself just the underboob. Lately I've been worried about inflammatory breast cancer and since one of the symptoms is warmness in the breast I've been a bit panicky lately.

Is your left breast bigger or hangs lower than the right breast? Because my left breast is bigger and denser than my right one. So I tend to sweat more and is warmer under the boob than the other one.

Iwant2bhealthy
03-08-17, 08:02
Difference in breast size is very normal. Every woman has it, some more some less.

As for the other questions you have I think it would be best if you make an appointment with your doctor. Not because I think something is wrong but simply because they can reassure you and show you how to check your breasts properly. They can answer all the questions and explain you why things are the way they are.

It is very likely that the changes you describe are not cancer. Last year I found a lump in my breast. I have breast cancer in my family history so after checking with my gp I was sent for a mammography. It turned out that this is all hormonal, and the lumps in my breast are cysts. They were gone the next month.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G800H using Tapatalk

Leslie735
04-08-17, 13:16
Yes, I know what your talking about. I noticed this just the other day actually. Under my right breast was VERY warm while my other one was normal. I could feel it without even touching. I didn't really give it much thought.