PDA

View Full Version : Lethargic, cold sweats anxiety back with a vengeance

Benjammin69
29-07-17, 15:04
Hi all,

So I had quite a stressful meeting at work on Wednesday and thought I would be armed well enough to deal with the anxiety/stress so off I went to this meeting with my clonidine, and 20mg valium. Well nothing worked, I sat there anxious as fcuk, sweat pissing out of me and rapid thoughts.... ever since then I am out of sync. I can't stop sleeping, I have stopped the clonidine( only took it for 2 weeks) I also recently stopped prednisolone and obviously the diazepam is a one off so before Wednesday I took one a week before that. I had to pull up the car cause of panic and anxiety... anyone got any advice on what is happening with me? I can't stop cold sweating, dizzy and just feel like shit? Diazepam does nothing at all , quetiapine and mirtazapine don't do nothing literally not a thing :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panic_down_under
29-07-17, 23:05
I can't stop cold sweating, dizzy and just feel like shit? Diazepam does nothing at all , quetiapine and mirtazapine don't do nothing literally not a thing :-(

I think your first move should be to have a complete check up to eliminate any other potential causes. If nothing is found then your entire med regime needs to be reevaluated, preferably by a psychiatrist. None of the meds you're on are long-term first tier anxiety meds, they aren't even really second or third tier, nor have any that you've tried recently been.

Plus, as I think I've mentioned before, your two main meds, quetiapine and mirtazapine both do almost exactly the same thing. Just taking a higher dose of one would achieve much the same outcome as taking both, which for you seems to be not that much anyway.

Benjammin69
29-07-17, 23:09
Doctors do keep saying it could be an infection etc etc and that it could also be a side effect of quetiapine it makes your blood sugar etc up and down :-(

panic_down_under
30-07-17, 12:51
Doctors do keep saying it could be an infection etc etc

Aren't there tests which can confirm it, one way or the other.

and that it could also be a side effect of quetiapine it makes your blood sugar etc up and down :-(

One of the reasons I think using antipsychotics (and mirtazapine) is nutz. And to quote NICE:

Do not offer an antipsychotic for the treatment of generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) in primary care. (https://www.nice.org.uk/donotdo/do-not-offer-an-antipsychotic-for-the-treatment-of-generalised-anxiety-disorder-gad-in-primary-care)

Sedating antihistamines or antipsychotics should not be prescribed for the treatment of panic disorder. (https://www.nice.org.uk/donotdo/sedating-antihistamines-or-antipsychotics-should-not-be-prescribed-for-the-treatment-of-panic-disorder) Which pretty much rules out both meds.

Benjammin69
30-07-17, 14:13
Yeah neither of them help at all with anxiety or panic they have just stopped he suicidal depression which comes with the anxiety. I have been in therapy since October nothing seems to fix my anxiety if I'm honest. Therapy, benzodiazepine, antihistamine, antipsychotics or antidepressants. It's just a way of life at the moment

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

Aren't there tests which can confirm it, one way or the other.

One of the reasons I think using antipsychotics (and mirtazapine) is nutz. And to quote NICE:

Do not offer an antipsychotic for the treatment of generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) in primary care. (https://www.nice.org.uk/donotdo/do-not-offer-an-antipsychotic-for-the-treatment-of-generalised-anxiety-disorder-gad-in-primary-care)

Sedating antihistamines or antipsychotics should not be prescribed for the treatment of panic disorder. (https://www.nice.org.uk/donotdo/sedating-antihistamines-or-antipsychotics-should-not-be-prescribed-for-the-treatment-of-panic-disorder) Which pretty much rules out both meds.

PDU - could it be withdrawal from clonidine? I have been taking clonidine for about 2 weeks 0.5mcg and I have just stopped - it's either that or the reduction in steroids again :-(

panic_down_under
30-07-17, 22:52
Therapy, benzodiazepine, antihistamine, antipsychotics or antidepressants.

What antidepressants have you tried, at what doses and why did you stopped taking each, ineffective, side-effects?

could it be withdrawal from clonidine? I have been taking clonidine for about 2 weeks 0.5mcg and I have just stopped

It's not a med I've come across before so I don't know, but I doubt it given you haven't been on it long. It has only a short half-life so any withdrawal symptoms would usually begin within 24-36 hours. Anyway you were still taking it on Wednesday so withdrawal shouldn't have been a factor.