PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing pains in throat and top of chest

Wilburis
29-07-17, 17:24
Hello

Today I was driving and all of a sudden I had a stabbing pain in my throat and top of my chest.

It is not a sore throat pain but like someone had literally stabbed in inside of my throat.

So of course I have Googled :doh: and Dr Google says I have have angina....

Totally freaking out.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you xx

susie1
29-07-17, 17:30
Hi
I HATE Dr Google. Why do we all go there. It is like being drawn into a web. My GP told me not to use Dr Google but if I id( and she knew I would ) to stick only to NHS sites.
I don't know anything about angina but if it only happened once and you are able to post I doubt VERY MUCH if it was angina. If it happens again seek medical advice but remember your anxiety will make you wait for any little physical symptom. Just try and relax

anxious848
29-07-17, 17:32
Any shortness of breath? Feeling faint/weak? I believe angina usually presents with more than just pain. Not saying your wrong since I'm not a doctor...but could be many other things. Did it stick around for long or go away almost right away?

Angina can present in many ways but again I believe it's more common following exercise or some other activity other than driving in your car.

Fishmanpa
29-07-17, 17:46
Oh dear Lord! It amazes me sometimes what I read here. "Dr Google said..." :doh: I have angina and have meds for it. What I just read as a symptom is not angina!

Positive thoughts