PDA

View Full Version : Ok, let's talk about poop

fbmb
29-07-17, 21:14
Hi guys,

I have a question. I don't really think it's reassurance seeking more so than I'm just wondering about it - and if I'm normal.

This is a super weird question, but what's the diameter of normal poops? My little boy has huge poops. Probably 1-2 inches in diameter, and he's 3. My husband said his are usually that size. Mine aren't. Mine are less than an inch in diameter. Maybe like the diameter of a nickel. I do go at least twice a day. And I think women have smaller poops than men. But of course when you google anything about it all you get is horrific stories about colon cancer. I have a gastro. but I don't want to make an appointment just to ask him this. Seems silly. So I figured I'd ask you guys.

Fishmanpa
29-07-17, 22:15
With respect, yes, this is silly :) I remember my son at 4 years old laid one so big it clogged the toilet! :ohmy: Poo is all shapes, sizes, consistency and a plethora of other colorful adjectives all coming out our rear ends. My advice is goo, wipe, flush. And if you can't manage that, go, flush so you don't see it, wipe....

Positive thoughts

Lola-Lee
30-07-17, 10:14
Oh Shit :roflmao: I've never really checked the size and width of mine,but my nephew did the same FMP,he clogged the crapper then the following week his shit wouldn't flush,so my brother scooped it out with a ladle.:wacko:

Leah88
30-07-17, 11:54
This is a bit funny. I think big poos are normal, you probably just ate more or ate something which your body didn't need so disposed of. I wrote a poo post too about oily poo and my pancreatic fears. I don't think most people look as closely at their poo as anxiety sufferers do.

KK77
30-07-17, 12:05
Oh Shit :roflmao: he clogged the crapper then the following week his shit wouldn't flush,so my brother scooped it out with a ladle.:wacko:

There certainly are some crap jobs about these days :lac:

MyNameIsTerry
30-07-17, 12:30
Oh Shit :roflmao: I've never really checked the size and width of mine,but my nephew did the same FMP,he clogged the crapper then the following week his shit wouldn't flush,so my brother scooped it out with a ladle.:wacko:

I'm never having the stew round your house, Lola! :ohmy:

Maybe spoon sizes should be an indicator? Teaspoon - eat more fibre, shovel - been a while?

Don't even go there with cups...especially those involving two girls! :emot-puke:

fbmb
30-07-17, 14:08
It's not the big poops that I'm worried over. It's that mine aren't. They're kinda skinny. And it varies, but they're never bigger than like a nickel in diameter. But if I google that I scare myself.

snowghost57
30-07-17, 14:14
I really don't think there are any statistics on what is considered "normal" for poo. You really need to be enjoying life instead of examining your poo in a toilet.

fbmb
30-07-17, 14:39
Well according to the interwebs there are very specific guidelines for how poop should look lol

snowghost57
30-07-17, 14:45
You can't be serious? You are researching guidelines for poop on the internet? You should get a hobby that is fun and not obsess over this. Stay away from Dr. Google.

MyNameIsTerry
30-07-17, 15:20
I really don't think there are any statistics on what is considered "normal" for poo. You really need to be enjoying life instead of examining your poo in a toilet.

Number 2? :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

It's not the big poops that I'm worried over. It's that mine aren't. They're kinda skinny. And it varies, but they're never bigger than like a nickel in diameter. But if I google that I scare myself.

That's a very goo sign though, nothing really changes much. Cancer will always get worse and more symptoms arise. Untreated, what would your chances have been?

It's more sudden, drastic changes they look for, and blood, but even then that crosses over into many other things including IBS, roids, etc.

fbmb
30-07-17, 15:59
You do know that this is what health anxiety looks like, right?

Josh1234
30-07-17, 16:17
Yes, but we shouldn't try to be normalizing it. It's not..anyways, I'm sure you're fine.

MyNameIsTerry
30-07-17, 16:33
You do know that this is what health anxiety looks like, right?

Of course (if that was to me? :shrug:), but challenging it through evidence is part of learning to beat it.

If you have always been this way, is it rational to start worrying about it how many decades later? You know it isn't, which won't stop the anxiety, but continuing to wory about it only keeps the cycle going so it's a start.

RadioGaGa
30-07-17, 20:43
fbmb

The whole notion that stool caliber was in any way, shape or form indicative of a tumour was invented by a Doctor in the 1800s because it sounded logical. If you do a quick Google search of "stool caliber colon cancer study" you'll find a report that found stool caliber is NOT associated with tumours.

axolotl
30-07-17, 23:35
The thing is, unless you eat and drink exactly the same quantities of exactly the same food and drink every day at exactly the same time, it's going to vary and look different every time, and that's before you throw in the variables of the effects of mood and minor benign wobbles in health...

I know we all have our own irrational health fixations, but I've never got stool obsession (thankfully...).