PDA

View Full Version : weakness feeling in arms for two months, MS fears

MagpieWitch
29-07-17, 22:59
Another thread from me and I am so ashamed of posting more but I have to ask people going through the same.

Okay so a month ago I started getting this terrible feeling of weakness in my arms. Like if I try lifting things up or picking up small objects I have no issues. I just had pain - weakness - pain - weakness day by day. One day I woke up with my neck stiff and my arms tingling and I couldn't feel my fingers.

My parents decided to take me to a doctor, neurologist and he preformed the basic tests, which he said were excellent. He sent me to EMG and I had EMG in my right arm (the one that was "worse) and both tests came up clear and good. They said my arms are on their own health (no weakness or any change in how the nerves receive signals)

My doctor suggested that maybe due to anxiety I am holding my hands in very unnatural positions and constantly making my shoulder, neck and back muscles stressed and stiff and that it manifests like that, but I am scared that there is more to it. The man had no idea I have anxiety yet he still thought it might be anxiety. He gave me some myorelaxant before the EMG and while I was taking it the symptoms were basically gone. But now that I am off that drug they came back with a vengeance.

So does anyone ever feel weakness, burning, pins and needless feeling in their arms as if they slept on the arm from anxiety? Or pain in the arms and shoulders?

maianixon
31-07-17, 11:40
If you had any weakness from neurological causes in your arms the EMG would show it so you can stop worrying about.
Anxiety can cause all of these symptoms (i personally have had all od them before) and also perceived weakenss.
also if you have a lot of shoulder tension that can sometimes cause the arms to feel a bit weaker - ive had that on my right arm and kept freaking out, then went to see a physiotherapist and he said its because my shoulder was in a bad position and had muscle tension due to my bad posture hightened by strees & anxiety.
in any case if it was actual clinical weakness the EMG would show it