PDA

View Full Version : new post

vernon
15-05-07, 22:46
Hi this is mainly for Nic or anyone who can help. In the old forum I used to like going to the latest posts every so often, these where listed in the person who started the post, So i could pop in a couple of hours later and see if there are any new posts, You dont sem to be able to do that now the posts listed new posts in the past day etc are not new but newly answered. Is there a way of seing the newly listed started posts? thanks all. Vernon

eeyorelover
15-05-07, 22:50
if you go up top and click on 'active topics' a pull down will appear. you can choose 'since last visit' or 'today's posts'. pretty sure that's the only way but I'm not real computer friendly most of the time so what do I know - LOL
xxx
Sandy

Piglet
15-05-07, 23:00
Hi Verny,

Just saying hello mate - I'll leave the computer talk to Nic, though I think Sandy has probably covered it.

Hope you and yours are all well hun.

Love Piglet :flowers:

vernon
15-05-07, 23:06
hi thanks but when you do that even old posts show if they have been answered. know what i mean? hi piglette babe :)

clickaway
15-05-07, 23:52
So Vern, are you trying to find a way of finding brand new threads since you were last logged on here?

If so, I don't the answer - maybe someone else has !

vernon
16-05-07, 00:35
Yes thats it thanks Ray, Brand new threads since last visited or todays new threads etc. Thanks. Vernon

eeyorelover
16-05-07, 00:40
Sorry Vern hun I thought I had it figured but guess not.
I have no idea how you would see only new posts.

Where is our hunky tech guy anyway??? Ross babe we need your expert computerese:winks::flowers:
xxx
Sandy

vernon
16-05-07, 09:24
Dont say sorry sandy, thanks for the reply :)

Ross
16-05-07, 15:56
Hi Vernon. The only way I think it is possible (but not quite as clear-cut as the old system) is to do this.

Once you have finished reading the forum for that day, or session online, Click the "Mark Forums Read" Link at the bottom of the Main Forum Page.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/rossinbristol22/MarkForums.jpg

Then, whenever there is a new Post to a Thread, or new Thread started you will get a light at the Topic Title. (see below, where the Topic "Pen-Pals" is illuminated, when all others are not?)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/rossinbristol22/ForumLight.jpg

When you enter the topic, all threads which are either new, or have new posts will be in Bold Text.

Hope this helps

Ross (the very un-hunky tech Guy :laugh:)

vernon
17-05-07, 10:47
Thanks for that ross that would save rereading posts.

alexis
18-05-07, 00:02
Hi Vernon, hope all is well and family too,xxx