PDA

View Full Version : Finger looks weird?

Melcattt
30-07-17, 03:11
Hey guys, I need help because this is an odd issue. So for a couple weeks I've noticed something odd at the base of my thumb. So, basically the part where the nail meets skin and the little line that connects the nail. Sort of looks like an wall between the nail and skin. For the past couple weeks, one of my thumbs, at the meeting point sort out grew over the line. It's not red and its not numb. The only way of knowing something is wrong is just by looking at it, feels completely normal. Just when you compare my thumbs, the base looks flat but the other thumb, the skin looks raised and theres no line. Just doesn't make sense because there's no physical pain, just the odd look and all of my other nails are completely normal. I'm just really scared bc what if its one of those silent symptoms of an underlying problem?? I know nails can be an indicator of something.. I'm only 21 so that makes me freak out even more. I've looked on google and basically said if its not severe swelling, red or numb then just wait it out but I'm too scared. Odd case but I'd like some insight since it's just a weird situation. Help please?

Leah88
30-07-17, 11:45
You must keep in mind not all body parts are symmetrical and or identical. I've learnt that I ( and many on here) have different forms of body dysmorphia. When I was convinced I had werner syndrome I thought I had physical signs of it that no one else could see. I'd look at every person I met and compared their ankle skin to mine. Rarely are fingers any indicators of terminal illnesses. You Might have had a small unnoticeable injury on it when you were young and it caused it to form differently?