PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot fears!!

Debden
30-07-17, 08:17
Hello to all! Wondering if anyone can help! I suffer terrible health anxiety. About 6 weeks ago I got a horrible ache in my left calf that came on quite suddenly. It made me freak out and after a few days I went to the doctors and they measured my legs and told me it was muscular. But now the pain is constantly there, it's usually gets worse when I sit, it feels like a mild ache and sometimes goes down to my foot and behind my thigh burns. I went back to the doctors he told me it was sciatica? I thought sciatica only affected your back not just your calf! I'm still worried sick that it's a clot that's going to kill me! Has anyone had anything similar? Would a blood clot be ongoing for 6 weeks unchanged? I'm so frightened about it. I stupidly read the horror storie of people having them as just the side leg like me. No swelling nor redness just a constant ache & cold feeling

anx mum
30-07-17, 08:40
Ive had the same problem hun pain in my left calf. If it was a dvt I don't think it would be going on for 6 weeks. The dr told me the leg would be swollen, red and hot to touch. I can totally understand how u feel ive been feeling the same had pain going down my left calf and I'm getting chest pain. To put your mind at rest the dr can do a bloodtest called a di dimar this test can tell if any clots are in your body. It wouldn't be going on for 6 weeks without your leg being swollen red and hot to touch try not to worry I know how hard this is I'm the same.

Hypomean
30-07-17, 08:45
Hello to all! Wondering if anyone can help! I suffer terrible health anxiety. About 6 weeks ago I got a horrible ache in my left calf that came on quite suddenly. It made me freak out and after a few days I went to the doctors and they measured my legs and told me it was muscular. But now the pain is constantly there, it's usually gets worse when I sit, it feels like a mild ache and sometimes goes down to my foot and behind my thigh burns. I went back to the doctors he told me it was sciatica? I thought sciatica only affected your back not just your calf! I'm still worried sick that it's a clot that's going to kill me! Has anyone had anything similar? Would a blood clot be ongoing for 6 weeks unchanged? I'm so frightened about it. I stupidly read the horror storie of people having them as just the side leg like me. No swelling nor redness just a constant ache & cold feeling

I am going through the same. A month ago I had bad food poisoning I wasn't drinking enough water ( dehydration is a reason why people get DVTs). Middle of the night from day two of food poisoning I wake up with a bad cramp in my calf. I tried stretching it out like they recommended me to and I feel like if I had a ball in there getting squeezed. Till this day if I put pressure on it I can feel the ball or knot that caused the pain. Could be we strained something really bad?

Debden
30-07-17, 08:54
[QUOTE=anx mum;1699847]Ive had the same problem hun pain in my left calf. If it was a dvt I don't think it would be going on for 6 weeks. The dr told me the leg would be swollen, red and hot to touch. I can totally understand how u feel ive been feeling the same had pain going down my left calf and I'm getting chest pain. To put your mind at rest the dr can do a bloodtest called a di dimar this test can tell if any clots are in your body. It wouldn't be going on for 6 weeks without your leg being swollen red and hot to touch try not to worry I know how hard this is I'm the same.[

/ a blood clot doesn't give you low back pain and it doesn't make your whole leg numb does it? I've seen two doctors and both said it swasnt a clot so they won't do a test. I know it doesn't go on for this long unchanged but my mind just keep repeating itself telling me it's a blood clot and I'm going to die. It kicked off after I saw on Instagram somebody had a pulmonary embolism at 35 and died. The next day I got this. its ridiculous. Anything medical is always the worst with me. I just hate having it. The pain always starts in my calf tho that's why I think it's a clot, but no other symptoms. The only thing I can think of is that it's my job. I work in retail and am waking about all my shift doing cleaning & stacking and I'm new to the job (about 2 months in) so I think that's brought it on

anx mum
30-07-17, 13:31
Hi hun I know exactly how u feel I'm the same at the moment had severe chest pain for about 3 weeks then I got a sharp pain down the back of mine calf hun it scared me so much went to a and e my drs said this is not a dvt I didn't believe them told them it must be as pain was so bad. They told me leg would b swollen. It would be red and feel hot to touch. I didn't have symptoms only the sharp pain. what convinced me in the end was they did a bloodtest that shows clotting factors in blood mine was ok. Now I'm getting severe chest pain and I'm convinced its my heart I think our minds can think the worse. But really hun I know easy said then done u would have a swollen leg by now. If u wont peace of mind ask dr for a di dimar that's what I had but really think ur ok

Debden
31-07-17, 07:43
It's gone into my other calf now the exact same pain so that's calmed me a bit it must be my muscles

anx mum
31-07-17, 11:12
i hope this has put your mind abit at rest. Its extremely unlikely this is a clot try not to worry