PDA

View Full Version : Discharge ladies question

Blonde123
30-07-17, 14:57
I haven't posted in ages and was doing really well but I've the past 6 months I've been having regular periods but they're lasting a little longer. I'm 42 next month and since having my daughter 19 years ago I've always had heavy periods and for the first day or two I pass clots. Lately my periods have been a little lighter but last instead of my usual 4-5 days they now last 5-7. I have also been getting an odd brown/grey/pink discharge exactly 10 days after my period started which I guess is exactly mid way through my cycle. I don't bleed and I have no pain or bloating. I don't know whether I'm starting with the menopause or it's something more worrisome but it's making me very anxious! I always have my smears on time and I've never had anything but normal results. No other gynae history apart from a c section 14 years ago and when I had my daughter I had a third degree tear. Any ideas or similar stories? X

worryingmum
30-07-17, 15:32
Cud the discharge be ovulation?

almamatters
30-07-17, 16:16
I have had this a couple of times . I'm not sure what it is , haven't been to the Dr about it, I thought it was an ovulation thing as well.

Leah88
31-07-17, 01:24
I used to get breakthrough bleeding a lot of the time and it turned out to be a hormonal imbalance . Once my dr prescribed monofem to balance it out, it stopped. That was 5 years ago and I haven't had problems since.

TattooArtist
31-07-17, 02:31
I get a pinkish or brownish discharge during ovulation about every other month. Supposed to be normal for some... When was your last exam? Asking about it will put your mind at ease, and here at least we are encouraged to have one every year.

Blonde123
31-07-17, 11:46
I'm due my next smear in January and all past ones have been clear. I was wondering if it was ovulation because it slap bang in the middle of my cycle when I would normally get discharge. It's just usually I get clear yellow stuff and this is more brown/pink????

TattooArtist
31-07-17, 13:02
I think it might be just getting older. I have a benign cyst near the opening of an ovary, and it has presented itself around the time of my last pregnancy 2 years ago. Since then my ovulation has been more painful (although I always had pain). As we age it takes more of a hormone response to release the egg, so the process gets more intense for many women. The brownish tinge is blood from the egg being released. Other causes are breakthrough bleeding (like another poster said), but that often happens at random times. If this happens every month or so 10 to 15 days after your period begins, then it's likely ovulation. It's really nothing to worry about. I, too, used to only get the yellow clear stuff and now get the brownish.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

I forgot to mention, if this is one time thing, could be that you are pregnant, as the egg implanting into the uterine wall can also cause this.

Blonde123
31-07-17, 15:25
Thanks girls. Dear god I hope I'm not pregnant "" ����

Annaboodle
31-07-17, 19:05
Hello, could be due to ovulation or breakthrough bleeding. Both are normal. I've had breakthrough bleeding whenever I was off the pill (and sometimes on it) since I was 16 years old. Had it investigated every so often when it was bad and basically was told it's just me/a lot of women have it. I'm 43 now. Always had heavy periods and breakthrough bleeding. I get clots same as you and also pinkish and/or brownish discharge a week before and a few days after my period. I hate them! I'm just resigned to it now and possibly one of the only people looking forward to the other side of the menopause. Oh, I have 2 kids one 12 and one is 3 so we are both about the same age and had small people if that helps at all :) x

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

... oh, and also my periods have changed each time I had a kid. Lighter after my first, heavier now, though maybe that is me hurtling towards hot-flushville

Blonde123
31-07-17, 20:30
Thanks Anna. Does break through bleeding normally look like fresh blood as mines more of a brown colour and isn't always very liquid like if that makes sense.

Annaboodle
31-07-17, 20:40
Mine is the same - brownish. Never bright red.