PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling behind right ribs.

Hahneclipse73
30-07-17, 15:05
I've been experiancing this for a few years now. Behind my ribs I get this almost full feeling, not so much a pain as just an uncomfortable feeling. It seems to come and go as well. I can have it for a few days then not again for a few weeks. I've been having it for the past few days now. It even radiates to my back sometimes. The doctor believes I have some type of reflux possibly silent because I don't get a burning throat or heartburn, just cronic cough, tight chest, etc. So I'm curious as what could cause this, reflux, gas, muscle strain, or something to be concerned about. I'm 22 and extremely active just had a blood test a few months back and apparently everything looked fine. I do have a job where I constantly use my body.I use riding lawnmowers where the deck is operated by pushing a heavy pedal up and down with my right foot and a lot of the time I hold the deck up with my foot while cutting and the deck bounces and shoves my foot up and down. I always seem to find myself sitting sideways with my right side extending towards the pedal. So could that be causing the feeling or one of the other things I mentioned? When I6 get its for a few days and comes and goes in that time. Never really painful just very uncomfortable.

Anxiouscow
30-07-17, 22:03
I think you've answered your own question. If you've had blood tests and they've come back fine, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

At 22, to have a problem with any of your organs is VERY VERY unlikely. With anxiety, I've noticed, that any small symptom (whether it be a slight muscle strain, too much gas, indigestion, heartburn etc), is focused on so much by the person affected, that it can literally be agonising. It can be agonising physically, but also mentally. In my opinion, from what you've said, you could have some kind of strain from your work, or something like what the doctor said (acid reflux is INCREDIBLY common in those that suffer anxiety).

Just keep working, being active, and trust your doctor. They spend years studying and although they are not always right, they are almost never wrong.

neuroticcat
31-07-17, 19:28
I started getting this feeling of fullness two weeks ago. It feels like i swallowed a gulf ball that travels through my body. Sometimes i feel it in my chest, sometimes in the middle of my stomach, below the ribs towards the right side, sometimes in the right side of my stomach about an inch above my navel.
I also got relufx when i first expereinced this (my throat and stomach were burning) so it might be related. I was also very stressed for the past 2 weeks, i was working 12-14 hours every day and i was on two 19hours flights.

Anyway, this feeling comes and goes and everytime it comes back it stresses and scares me out of my mind.