PDA

View Full Version : Think I have candida and I'm scared it'll make me very ill

katyfitz
30-07-17, 19:14
I'm scared I now have candida. I've been reading about it on the internet and I seem to have similar symptoms. I've read it can get in to your bloodetx etc and now I'm very scared. It's my white tongue that's making me ill with worry. Could it be my birth control pills or is it my stomach illness. I'm scared and I don't want to live this way anymore. Does anyone on here suffer candida?

axolotl
30-07-17, 23:30
I've never had thrush, but it's a common thing and easily treated, and even if you did have it not worth panicking over. Stop Googling and Googling until you find worse case scenarios.

Fishmanpa
30-07-17, 23:48
I actually had thrush several times during my cancer treatment and recovery. You don't read about it and "seem" to have symptoms, you know there's something wrong. An antifungal and gargling with a water/baking soda/salt solution to help with the pain.

Based on your history, I would lean toward nothing going on but as always, we're not doctors. If you are having pain or you can scrape nasty white stuff off your tongue and inside of your mouth like you're clearing snow off your car, see your doctor ;)

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
31-07-17, 04:35
We all have candida, but it is kept in check by healthy bacteria in the body.

Certain meds can allow it to get out of balance and some treatment may be required, whether an OTC or from your GP. It's easy to treat and is very common. Since it's very common you have to think why scare stories aren't.

I've had it a few times and treated it without even seeing anyone (not that I'm condoning this) with healthy bacteria products or it has just gone on it's own as it seemed. For me it's just part of having asthma and using steroidal inhalers, which are known to affect bacteria in the mouth by killing the good ones off.

See if it's mentioned with your meds. If not, just treat it anyway. Healthy bacteria is important so eating things like yoghurt are always a good idea.