PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a noobie

rabjr
30-07-17, 23:28
I am new here and was just looking to say hello out there.
I am looking for friends and support via email. I am very down in life and am virtually agoraphobic, my anxiety is so bad. I am very depressed with my situation in life but I can't seem to change anything. The social anxiety keeps me locked in fear and being so afraid keeps me in the house most of the time. I go to psych and therapy appointments but that's about it. I am very afraid of people I don't know and I isolate most of the time. I am looking to be a friend and help people if I can while getting help where I can find it.
When I was young I was a Fine Art major in college but I don't do the things that I used to like to do when I was younger. I am trying to sketch again and play the guitar but everything seems so blah; like who cares? I do feel hopeless and since I have split with my wife, I started drinking to give me something to do. I have been sober a few days now and now I am trying to get some friends online to help keep the boredom at bay. Anyway, I am rambling- This seems like a good site and I hope to get a lot out of it. Thanks for reading. If anyone wants to talk more I'd love a PM or email friend.

venusbluejeans
30-07-17, 23:33
Hiya rabjr and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: