PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine & Work

milkcarton
31-07-17, 09:30
Hi There,

I just wanted to see what the general consensus is for persevering with going to work whilst starting Fluoxetine?

I've started taking 20mg at the weekend for my anxiety and depression. The symptoms at the moment are mainly at night time when I experience the worst anxiety attacks and suffer from insomnia. I've taken today off to go to the Drs to get some extra meds to help ease the nighttime anxiety. I just don't know what to do with the rest of the week as I feel like an anxious mess.

Milk x

Bike Rider
31-07-17, 10:28
Hi Milk, go to work if you can as it does help take your mind of things. I find the more I am occupied the less anxiety I suffer.

In the evenings, if I am bored with the tv, but my wife isnt, then my anxiety can start because I am unoccupied.

milkcarton
03-08-17, 20:41
Thanks Bike Rider.

I'm going back to work next week. My insomnia and night time anxiety has been pretty bad this week. Plus I'm very nervous about being back on the Fluox. More so the fact I remember how I felt last time I started this back in 2012. However, so far it's been a little easier than last but the dry mouth and nausea is really uncomfortable ��

Bike Rider
05-08-17, 10:53
I have had all that Milk, but it will go, drink fluids regularly or chew gum for the dry mouth.