PDA

View Full Version : Smear Test

Luja
31-07-17, 10:34
Hi,

I have had many problems since having my children. I now suffer from Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding, it is now that time where my smear test is due and I had this last Monday at 5.20pm. I am worried as it has been a week and no results, I keep thinking there is something wrong and are they doing the further HPV check??

BLESS my mum she is trying to calm me by saying they would of called by now but the nurse said that they would just send an appointment in the post if anything shows?? Alot of my friends have had their smear this year and all got there results back 5-7 DAYS later. Thankfully for them they all came back negative. I had an internal scan last year and thankfully it all looked ok then but that's if they even checked my cervix! Help my HA is really getting to me

Phuzella
31-07-17, 12:11
Give them a call? Results probably not back yet

TattooArtist
31-07-17, 12:35
There are many of us that have had a hpv diagnosis, or an abnormal smear. I've even had early stage cancer and a LEEP procedure. It's truly not the end of the world if it happens. The important thing is you are being tested and monitored... It's when people let problems go that they have issues with these things. It's probably more related to hormone imbalance, as oftentimes a cancer causing bleeding is something the doctor will be be able to see with the naked eye during an exam. Either way these abnormalities are usually quite treatable. I'm not a physician but this info comes from my doctor. As far as uterine stuff it's very likely that childbirth set your periods whacky. Are you on birth control to reset them?

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Also when I have a normal smear now (five years now, so awesome) they DO NOT CALL. They send a note in the mail about 2 months later. The abnormal ones they called within 4 days and sat me in the office to discuss it.

Luja
31-07-17, 16:35
Thanks for your reply, I rang today and the receptionist said it can take 4 weeks.

I suppose it's just the waiting which I am not very good at. Thank you for the info about the 4 day thing I just poop myself each time my phone rings.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

How long as anyone waited for their results and it has shown that there is something?

worryingmum
31-07-17, 17:46
Hi I've just had my smear and waited 2 and a half weeks. I was driving myself and everyone else mad! It was all fine thankfully. When I rang to chase it I was told that there was a big back log due to a recent push to get people to have their smears x

Luja
02-08-17, 08:22
Thanks for letting me know .... so this is another sleepless night .... I hate feeling the way I do but you can't help the HA!!

Luja
04-08-17, 20:42
11 days and no report back .... starting to think this is going to be bad news

Annaboodle
04-08-17, 21:00
That's not how it works. If anything was wrong you would hear sooner. I'm in Scotland. I get a letter through the post if it's normal, sometimes up to 2 months later. If anything is wrong you hear soon after the test.