PDA

View Full Version : sorry for the double post but..tetanus!

purplewitch
31-07-17, 12:09
Can't sleep.
A week ago now,my boyfriend dropped a piece of glass on the floor in my house by accident,didn't think much of it. I stepped in a piece of glass,but I think I might have scraped it because there was no glass inside me,it bled. and I really do not remember cleaning it but my boyfriend remembers me going into the bathroom to clean it. All I can remember is going into the bathroom and getting a baby wipe. So maybe I did clean it,maybe I didn't.After the cut I put on some clean socks and cleaned my floor. Three days ago I got my tdap shot because I don't remember having tdap ever (I had dtap when i was younger,but the immunity wanes off) Where I cut myself it looks dark,like really dark (theres no pus,or redness around it,doesn't feel warm) Normally if I did not have hypochondria I wouldn't be freaking out about this but I feel like I am at risk since the dark scabbing only leads me to believe that that is deoxygenated blood and i'm gonna get tetanus i'm really scared. Right now I have jaw pain and also a headache and I went from encephalitis to tetanus in about an hour. But this really scares me.... I can still open and close my jaw.. infact I have been doing it A LOT since this tetanus fear.
By the way its not like a traditional "scab" its like under the skin? Like a scar almost I don't know how to describe it honestly
Here is an image (copy and paste link into browser if you can't click it)

http://imgur.com/s7Vc1Fk
edit:better pic here: http://imgur.com/N3nHzGr

please...

TattooArtist
31-07-17, 12:39
It's almost impossible to get tetanus from glass inside a home. You do not have tetanus, or even an infection from the sounds of it. Just let the thing heal.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Also, are you sure that's a wound? It looks like a freckle.

purplewitch
31-07-17, 12:44
It's almost impossible to get tetanus from glass inside a home. You do not have tetanus, or even an infection from the sounds of it. Just let the thing heal.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Also, are you sure that's a wound? It looks like a freckle.

Its definitely a wound,thats where the cut happened

Fishmanpa
31-07-17, 12:52
Frankly, between this post and your other on encephalitis, it's apparent you're in a pretty bad spiral at the moment. Are you getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

TattooArtist
31-07-17, 12:53
Let me guess... You have health anxiety like we all do, so you are seeing this tiny brown spot and thinking "rust" and associating the color with tetanus (which you do not have). You say it's where the cut "was" but it doesn't seem from the photo like there is an wound there at all. Could it be that to you just didn't notice a freckle until you remembered the glass incident and began checking your foot for marks?

Hypomean
31-07-17, 12:54
Blood that stayed under the surface.

And if the glass shard is still there then it's the one causing a bump. I've had multiple occasions like this. You'll be fine.

purplewitch
31-07-17, 13:06
Let me guess... You have health anxiety like we all do, so you are seeing this tiny brown spot and thinking "rust" and associating the color with tetanus (which you do not have). You say it's where the cut "was" but it doesn't seem from the photo like there is an wound there at all. Could it be that to you just didn't notice a freckle until you remembered the glass incident and began checking your foot for marks?

No,thats literally where it happened. It bled.
Trust me I check my body almost every day I would know if it was a freckle.
Also I'm not scared about rust I'm scared about it being dirty from household dust.

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Blood that stayed under the surface.

And if the glass shard is still there then it's the one causing a bump. I've had multiple occasions like this. You'll be fine.

Thats how the bacteria that causes tetanus activated,if its not bleeding. As I said it did bleed for a tiny tiny bit (and there isn't glass in there,it doesnt hurt to move on,I most likely just scraped my skin with the glass)
Is it just like a bruise? Is that what you mean

Fishmanpa
31-07-17, 13:27
You don't have tetanus. You claim it could be in household dust. Think about that for a moment. We breath, sit, eat, sleep and LIVE in household dust as have mankind since the beginning of time. What makes you think we can get tetanus from that? I also know for a fact you don't have encephalitis. I know what encephalitis is intimately as my wife nearly died from it.

So there ya go... take it or leave it. I assume the answer to my previous question is "no" based on your lack of response.

Positive thoughts

purplewitch
31-07-17, 13:38
You don't have tetanus. You claim it could be in household dust. Think about that for a moment. We breath, sit, eat, sleep and LIVE in household dust as have mankind since the beginning of time. What makes you think we can get tetanus from that? I also know for a fact you don't have encephalitis. I know what encephalitis is intimately as my wife nearly died from it.

So there ya go... take it or leave it. I assume the answer to my previous question is "no" based on your lack of response.

Positive thoughts

Firstly,I'm sorry about your wife and I feel a bit stupid now since making such a claim. I hope she is okay. Secondly,I know it sounds stupid but as far as I know tetanus can only happen through cuts. I know that we basically live in household dust,it's inevitable. The reason I am so frantic right now is because I can't rememeber if I cleaned this small cut on my foot,and I got my tdap shot days after this minor injury. I only fairly remember walking into the bathroom (which is where I usually clean my cuts) And then putting socks on.
And yes,I am getting help for my crippling hypochondria but the place I go to is new and only has appointments once every month which sucks but its the best where I live for now.