PDA

View Full Version : Rabies fear

Bb1818
31-07-17, 15:38
Was walking down a street and some liquid landed in my eye. Worried it was a bad above though couldn't find anything after!

The area is not known for bats but I just have no idea what the liquid was so I am scared!

I'm very anxious at the moment for personal eg marriage reasons and am just starting anti anxiety pills! I have also out of nothing developed this fear of rabies!!

axolotl
31-07-17, 16:20
Was walking down a street and some liquid landed in my eye. Worried it was a bad above though couldn't find anything after!

The area is not known for bats but I just have no idea what the liquid was so I am scared!

I'm very anxious at the moment for personal eg marriage reasons and am just starting anti anxiety pills! I have also out of nothing developed this fear of rabies!!

The UK has been free of rabies for nearly a century.

There has been one or two cases of a bat-worker getting a rabies-like virus in recent times after handling and being bitten by a bat.

You would not get it from a bit of bat spit, and to go from a drop of liquid to bat spit is hugely irrational.

This is literally an impossible situation. If you live in Britain you can get rabies completely out of your head. It is not a disease we have in this country.

Melonpony
31-07-17, 17:01
My assumption is the liquid was dew or random leftover raindrop...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
31-07-17, 17:38
This is literally an impossible situation.

Exactly.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
01-08-17, 02:12
Has your anxiety worsened since starting the meds? If so, it's common and it should pass.

Have you read about rabies or heard about it from somewhere recently to suddenly worry about it? You realise it's irrational, you said yourself the area isn't even known for bats which is a clue to me, but you must realise it's as irrational as someone fearing someone with a contagious disease had spat and it landed on you. What are the odds of that?