PDA

View Full Version : Are these heart pains?

anx mum
31-07-17, 17:41
I am worried so much at the moment ive been getting pains in my chest now for about a month. The pain has been in middle of chest like a heavy feeling stabbing and sharp the pain moves to my left feels over my left breast and pain under it. Ive had loads of ecgs recently heart blood work and a chest xray which has come bk ok. My gp seems to think its anxiety although hes referred me to a cardio dr to be on safe side. I'm really scared:weep:

axolotl
31-07-17, 18:23
Don't read anything into the referral, they just have to be extra sure with heart stuff. They're just doing their job. You've already had loads of reassuring tests.

Based on your post history by far the most likely outcome is you're an anxiety sufferer with common anxiety symptoms. I've had chest pains like this with anxiety, and it's very scary but just part of this damn thing.

anx mum
01-08-17, 18:21
Really don't know how much more I can take of this aswell as chest pain got pain in my shoulder blade going down my arm this morning I called an ambulance never felt so bad thought I was having a heart attack. Not long been bk home from a and e they did another ecg and heart bloods again which have come bk ok. I'm getting a squeezing pain over left breast pain in centre which feels like heaviness stabbing and sharp aswell as this for two days ive had shoulder pain left side and going down arm. I'm so frightened right now just want too know whats going on. I'm thinking of asking dr if I can have echo he has referred me too cardiac to be on safe side

axolotl
01-08-17, 18:36
Did you read the post above?

Hypomean
01-08-17, 20:47
Sounds like it's muscle related and based off your tests you've been cleared from heart problems.
Tense back muscles cause the center of your chest to get these sharp pains.
I've been sent to the hospital a couple of times due to how strong they hit and they knock the air out of me. But every time it's been muscle and not the heart.

anx mum
01-08-17, 21:26
Did you read the post above?

Yeah I did axolotl I know ive had chest pains in the past which have been anxiety but this is different. I'm getting tonight shooting pains under my breast and a squeezing pain. Apart from u guys I have little support cant cope with all this

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Sounds like it's muscle related and based off your tests you've been cleared from heart problems.
Tense back muscles cause the center of your chest to get these sharp pains.
I've been sent to the hospital a couple of times due to how strong they hit and they knock the air out of me. But every time it's been muscle and not the heart.

Today the paramedic said my ecg was showing signs of angina yet when I got to hospital he said its like the same as previous ecgs. I feel so unwell this is hell my kids are seeing me upset. Just been told by gp to wait for my urgent referral which are saying six weeks