PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about brain tumour...

AnxiousJC
31-07-17, 18:37
Hi guys, first time posting here but I've always visited these forums for reassurance for quite a while now...

Anyway I've been suffering with anxiety for years now, most of the time I've been able to control it, but in May anxiety showed it's ugly face again.

Basically it started as a normal day for me, I usually go the gym on most Sundays, after coming home then starting to watch a film, I got double vision after like 5 minutes into the film.... Safe to say it scared the life out of me, it went after 20/30 seconds but for the rest of the night I was very anxious!!

Next day I went to the doctors about it, she gave me a general check, looked at my eyes, ears & checked my blood pressure... All normal. She then suggested to go for an eye test. She also said it could've been a migraine? I had no headache from it afterwards though.... Can you get migraines without the headache?

Luckily got an eye test appointment the same day. Had the test, came back normal again.

Still wasn't enough for me, was still anxious so I then decided to get a blood test. Came back normal a day later.

Felt ok for a while until recently, mainly because I never really got a proper explanation about why I had the double vision.

Obviously right now I'm feeling anxious, head feels tight (maybe tension headaches?) I can feel pressure around the temples and both sides of my nose & eyes. I suffer from hay fever, but that has calmed down lately, unless I'm congested? Even though I can breathe out of my nose ok. I'm just confused as to why I'm feeling like this again.

If anyone can reply, I'd be very grateful. I'm thinking about seeing the doctor again, but I don't want to seem pathetic. :(

Phuzella
31-07-17, 19:10
Yes you can get migraines without headache. Most people think migraine is just a headache but there are many more symptoms. A lot are related to vision.

AnxiousJC
31-07-17, 19:41
Yes you can get migraines without headache. Most people think migraine is just a headache but there are many more symptoms. A lot are related to vision.

Thanks for replying. I've never had a migraine in my life until then. Ever since then I've stopped having caffeine drinks like coffee & green tea, as I used to drink a lot of that... I'd say maybe 1/2 cups of coffee & the rest green tea.

I just wish this tight/heavy head feeling would go away... any chance that this is just all anxiety? Surely that blood test I had (and eye test) would've shown something more sinister??

frannie
31-07-17, 19:41
Yes, they're ocular migraines, I have had a couple, the first after working out like you, I got shimmery vision and double vision and freaked out, thinking I was having a stroke/brain tumor. Lasted about 30 minutes. No headache. Second one came out of the blue but had been working outside in heat, came in and was reading on computer and after a while was like looking through water.

The first time, I went and had a CT scan (insisted although doctor said no reason), obviously nothing on scan.

They are scary but benign. They can be in both eyes, one eye, be painless or precede a painful migraine. Just be careful not to drive if it happens again!

AnxiousJC
01-08-17, 14:24
Yes, they're ocular migraines, I have had a couple, the first after working out like you, I got shimmery vision and double vision and freaked out, thinking I was having a stroke/brain tumor. Lasted about 30 minutes. No headache. Second one came out of the blue but had been working outside in heat, came in and was reading on computer and after a while was like looking through water.

The first time, I went and had a CT scan (insisted although doctor said no reason), obviously nothing on scan.

They are scary but benign. They can be in both eyes, one eye, be painless or precede a painful migraine. Just be careful not to drive if it happens again!

Thanks for the reply frannie. Glad everything came back normal for you! I'm still unsure as to why I got double vision, was it a delayed reaction from the gym? It did happen around 2 hours I left there.

Also, there can't be anything seriously wrong can there? Otherwise something would've shown up in my eye test & the blood test surely?