PDA

View Full Version : Small round lump on abdomen

FreakOutQueen
31-07-17, 19:54
Hi all,

I'm trying not to freak out about this, but today I noticed a small, round, hard lump right below my right rib cage. It's about the size of a pea and I can't really get a good enough grip to see if it is moveable. I am going to have my primary care take a look on Wednesday, but any relaxing or relatable words before then would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

ShaunRyder
31-07-17, 19:58
My brother had something similar to this a few months back and turned out it was a cyst, so could maybe be something like this.

NervUs
31-07-17, 23:38
I can relate!

I have a lump in the soft tissue in my toe. It is slightly tender, firm, and nonmoveable.

I went to a podiatrist some time ago and he thought it was a cyst, He tried to aspirate, nothing came out. He kept poking and jamming and finally broke a piece off. Lab showed an inclusion cyst, no evidence of malignancy but noted this was a highly unusual way to diagnose an inclusion cyst.

I thought I was done with it, but it grew back and I am not sure if it is still growing. I have a MRI scheduled for a little less than 2 weeks (what the first jackass should have done). I am able to function in my life, but I am definitely dwelling internally. I am so afraid it is cancer, esp since the second doctor (this time an orthopedist) feels like the inclusion cyst must be a misdiagnosis.

I don't know how I'm going to make it until the MRI and then another whole week for the results. Statistically, this is unlikely to be cancer, and that is also the case in YOUR case.

I know how much finding a lump sucks balls though! I am writing to commiserate!

FreakOutQueen
01-08-17, 13:37
Oy! I hope you find a nice BENIGN diagnosis for your toe soon. I pushed so much on the lump yesterday it is super sore today. I can't help but push on it because I'm so worried. It almost feels like it's on the end of the muscle on my right side about 5 inches from my belly button. My biggest fear is soft tissue sarcoma :-( Hopefully it's nothing. Let me know what the doctor says about your toe. I'm sure it's nothing! Good luck!!!!!

NervUs
01-08-17, 20:20
Thanks for the good wishes. I am SO impatient and my mind is constantly wandering to whether this is cancer. Husband keeps reminding me the best evidence I have so far is that it's an inclusion cyst. I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about sarcoma. This experience has caused fanatic googling about it. Believe it or not, I am feeling like sarcoma is the best of all the horrible things I'm imagining. I have had other legit cancer scares (like that needed biopsy). Everything has always turned out benign but I can't stop wondering, what if they missed something and this is metastatic cancer in the toe???? I guess sarcoma is slightly better than that, and I really wish my brain didn't love dissecting every terrible possibility there is. The thing is, I feel awesome. I mean, I'm 45 so I do have aches and pains, but I feel so healthy and things are going so well in my life. I just don't *feel* like I have cancer, kwim? I hope that means something, esp as far as metastatic cancer is concerned but who am I kidding??? Any cancer is totally unwelcome, you hear that??????? lol

Thanks for letting me vent.

And stop poking on your lump!!!! I am glad you have one day to go until you get this investigated. My "research" shows a pea sized lump would be a very rare presentation for a sarcoma-- they are usually huge at presentation in that part of the body because people don't notice them. So, your chance of this being something else is SO GREAT!