PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes- what's normal

Justascaredgirl
31-07-17, 20:57
I know I posted about this recently but what's normal for lymph nodes? I think I can feel A LOT in my neck like 8-10 and they're not symetrical except for the 4 I can feel under my jaw that are. They're not all under a cm either. The ones under my jaw are larger. I don't think I have any in my armpits but my stomach area is sorta lumpy. I'm relatively thin with a little fat on my stomach so it could be fatty lumps I'm feeling there or a few nodes as well.

I worry about HIV a lot:/ I touch my nodes in my neck a lot it's a bad habit:/ anyone have lymph nodes that they can feel? Not just one or two but quite a few?

ShaunRyder
31-07-17, 20:59
I have about 6 in my neck and 1 under my jaw that I can feel, all pea sized. Also I can feel them in my groins.

Justascaredgirl
31-07-17, 21:10
I have about 6 in my neck and 1 under my jaw that I can feel, all pea sized. Also I can feel them in my groins.

Thank you.. a couple of mine are a little larger than a pea.. some are that size though. I'm terrified :(

ShaunRyder
31-07-17, 21:27
They could just be fighting of a little infection, mine are always going up and down.

Like you said, you do feel them in your neck and touching them can cause them to come up, I have done it many times :doh:

Thelegend27
31-07-17, 21:41
Well the good news is you cannot feel the lymph nodes in your belly they are just too deep in there, I have 4 lymph nodes in my neck I can feel, I discovered them nearly a year ago and nothing has changed since, I also can feel the glands under my jaw always have been able to.

Lymph nodes can swell for many harmless reason, and they can swell because of certain cancers as well, but it's not likely to be cancer.

If you're concerned see a doctor that's your best bet, you will only fall deeper into anxiety the longer you wait.

Fishmanpa
31-07-17, 21:48
Lymph nodes- what's normal

We have 400-600 lymph nodes in our bodies. They range in size from a couple mm to 2cm. At any given time, if you poke and prod enough, you're bound to find a few.

Poking and prodding can and will make them react and swell. Too much poking and prodding will render them shotty (permanently enlarged).

Is there a reason to be concerned with HIV? If so, a simple home test can alleviate all doubt.

Positive thoughts

Justascaredgirl
31-07-17, 21:58
Well the good news is you cannot feel the lymph nodes in your belly they are just too deep in there, I have 4 lymph nodes in my neck I can feel, I discovered them nearly a year ago and nothing has changed since, I also can feel the glands under my jaw always have been able to.

Lymph nodes can swell for many harmless reason, and they can swell because of certain cancers as well, but it's not likely to be cancer.

If you're concerned see a doctor that's your best bet, you will only fall deeper into anxiety the longer you wait.

I'm glad I can't feel them in my belly.. It is a bit lumpy but I think it's fatty tissue from gaining then loosing weight (the healthy way over many months)

Yeah I don't think it's cancer just cause they aren't growing rapidly.. cancer scares me of course but I guess my main thing is HIV and having infected my current partner. I know the chances are slim, but I am so scared to get tested.

I am also scared to feel around in my groin area for fear I'll find more and it will send me into a panic attack. I always seem to think the worst in most situations. Although I have read that groin nodes are relatively easy to feel if you don't have much fat in that area.

Every time I've assumed the worst it's not the case.. I FINALLY talked to a friend about my concerns today after feeling like this for months and she also thinks I have nothing to worry about and that her nodes go up and down all the time too and she can feel hers.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Lymph nodes- what's normal

We have 400-600 lymph nodes in our bodies. They range in size from a couple mm to 2cm. At any given time, if you poke and prod enough, you're bound to find a few.

Poking and prodding can and will make them react and swell. Too much poking and prodding will render them shotty (permanently enlarged).

Is there a reason to be concerned with HIV? If so, a simple home test can alleviate all doubt.

Positive thoughts

I guess no REAL reason to be concerned with it no one I know or have been with is confirmed positive. My mind just wants to fixate on it... in January I noticed nodes under my chin but they were symmetrical.. I went straight to google and got worried. Found this site months later after I had already found other nodes in my neck and was already freaking out.. this site has helped some im just terrified to get a test... I know it's irresponsible but I don't know how to force myself to do it

Fishmanpa
31-07-17, 22:14
I know it's irresponsible but I don't know how to force myself to do it

You have a choice. Continue to allow this to worry you indefinitely or take the test and worry for a short period of time until you get the all clear which I'm sure you will.

Positive thoughts

Justascaredgirl
01-08-17, 00:47
You have a choice. Continue to allow this to worry you indefinitely or take the test and worry for a short period of time until you get the all clear which I'm sure you will.

Positive thoughts

Thank you.. my friend said she'd go with me. I'm too worried to do the at home test, like I won't believe the results. I think if I go into an actual doctors office it would give me the reassurance I need.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Anyone else able to feel theirs?

TattooArtist
01-08-17, 01:39
You are correct. I'm sorry, are you m or f?

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

If you are a female, it's best to see a doctor. Explain what you are anxious about. A blood test and smear is indicated to get a baseline, which is great, trust me on this. Once you have reassurance than everything is ok with the area of concern, you can begin to move on.

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Ok your name includes girl, so I'll assume you are female. The thing is, if you don't go to the doctor and get professional reassurance, your ha will crop up and you will jump to a different worry

Justascaredgirl
01-08-17, 01:45
You are correct. I'm sorry, are you m or f?

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

If you are a female, it's best to see a doctor. Explain what you are anxious about. A blood test and smear is indicated to get a baseline, which is great, trust me on this. Once you have reassurance than everything is ok with the area of concern, you can begin to move on.

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:36 ----------

Ok your name includes girl, so I'll assume you are female. The thing is, if you don't go to the doctor and get professional reassurance, your ha will crop up and you will jump to a different worry

Yes 21 year old female. I've had a Pap smear before but no blood test.. I'm terrified

Justascaredgirl
10-08-17, 00:29
Hi everyone just wanted to update... the last week has been HELL for me. I convinced myself I had HIV for sure. Well after multiple mental breakdowns to my mom, boyfriend and best friend I got tested today at planned parenthood with the finger prick quick test and I was NEGATIVE!!!!
Woop!!!! I supposed feeling lymph nodes is normal... I will NOT be touching mine anytime soon. I also think I should stay off this site just for my own sake. Everyone just try and not think the worst, it's really not worth being worried. I ruined a lot of months worrying, but I won't anymore. I'm thankful for this opportunity to grow though. Positive thoughts everyone!!!